British Speedway Forum
Phil

No Sky Or League Sponsorship Money Etc...

Assuming there is no sky money or other sponsorship money how are the EL going to afford to run ?

By paying the riders less or not signing G.P. riders? Chris Harris has already signed for Coventry so he must have realized (at last!) that he is not worth as much as he was four or five years ago.

Make 2 leagues

1 Super League with Poole and Peterborough but have Poole A, Poole B and Poole C and Peterborough A, B and C

The lower league with all the other clubs.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans
  • Like 2

Why bother with Peterborough?

• Like 2

Why bother with Peterborough?

Because we are a big club with large revenue which would allow us to compete in a Super League with Poole.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

Lower points limit, bigger league and agree with Gemini, curb paying OTT for riders.

Lower points limit, bigger league and agree with Gemini, curb paying OTT for riders.

I disagree, We need super star riders.

The likes of Ward, Woffinden and Holder need to stay in the UK at all costs.

They are the ones who draw crowds, Get people talking.

Horton has stated he has 2 teams in mind, one with Sky on board and one without. You would hope other clubs have similar plans.

Horton has stated he has 2 teams in mind, one with Sky on board and one without. You would hope other clubs have similar plans.

Not everybody has the business acumen of Mr Mick Horton so I doubt it.

• Like 1

Make 2 leagues

1 Super League with Poole and Peterborough but have Poole A, Poole B and Poole C and Peterborough A, B and C

The lower league with all the other clubs.

Because we are a big club with large revenue which would allow us to compete in a Super League with Poole.

Peterborough do well to field one team considering most of their assets would rather ride elsewhere on loan. The fact is that finally British Speedway has realised that it does not have the backing or following of other countries and the big earners will have to ride for what's on offer or forget it and most will take the second option.
  • Like 2

Peterborough do well to field one team considering most of their assets would rather ride elsewhere on loan. The fact is that finally British Speedway has realised that it does not have the backing or following of other countries and the big earners will have to ride for what's on offer or forget it and most will take the second option.

Silly season has started again I see...

• Like 1

if they weren't there people would talk about someone else. The game existed before them and will survive without them

posting glitch above due to yet another change to yet another website that nobody asked for

Yes, there was constant chatter about them in the fish shop queue at lunchtime. :blink: Joke!! They were talking about Wayne Rooney though...and this is "Crystal Palace (near relegation) land.."

Yes, there was constant chatter about them in the fish shop queue at lunchtime. :blink: Joke!! They were talking about Wayne Rooney though...and this is "Crystal Palace (near relegation) land.."

You know what I mean, They get people talking on twitter and facebook.

Did you see Ward's sensational pass?

Did you see Holder's pass?

Did you see Woffinden's gate?