British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2014 European Speedway Championships

It's now official: Speedway GP riders are not allowed to race in the SEC next year: http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/395289/sec-starty-zawodnikow-z-gp-zablokowane-co-dalej-z-cyklem

EDIT:

Also confirmed by Janek Konikiewicz on Twitter: Official: SGP riders are forbidden to start in SEC. How fair is that?

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

Wonder what the stooge has to say, I wonder if he will ask Master Bellamy before giving a comment.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

Will interesting to see if any rider chooses the SEC over the GP.

If the money is so much better as some have hinted then its bound to tempt some.

Funnily, I was thinking the other week if the SEC could effectively become a GP2 type event, with 16 riders outside of the GPs.

One of the most interesting parts of the series has been that it contains riders you don't see every day. Personally, I think SEC could put together an excellent line-up of non-GP riders, such as the Laguta brothers, Kolodziej, Medzinski, Dudek, some of the young Latvians and even a couple of Brits (though not Harris and Nicholls).

In fairness the old boy has said he thinks this would be an illegal ruling.We have heard that Onesport have contingency plans.Going to court etc.Let's see if they have the balls to take this the distance.As it is i think Phil is somewhat out of the BSI loop.He hasn't seemed to have been in on some of the GP decisions.Just yesterday he had to make a quick U-turn on the Latvian venue!!!!

Edited by iris123

SAID before that I would imagine this would be difficult to enforce but it is very much to do with internal conflicts at the FIM and FIM Europe.

As for the GP calendar (iris123) the original draft included both Lonigo and Daugavpils. The somewhat unexpected return of Copenhagen, at the express wish of the Danish Motor Union, resulted in Lonigo being jettisoned and while there are lots of rumours about Riga taking the place of Daugavpils in 2014 rather than 2015 that has still to be confirmed.

SAID before that I would imagine this would be difficult to enforce but it is very much to do with internal conflicts at the FIM and FIM Europe.

As for the GP calendar (iris123) the original draft included both Lonigo and Daugavpils. The somewhat unexpected return of Copenhagen, at the express wish of the Danish Motor Union, resulted in Lonigo being jettisoned and while there are lots of rumours about Riga taking the place of Daugavpils in 2014 rather than 2015 that has still to be confirmed.

Well everything that has been reported so far on Sportofaktey including the wild cards 10 days ahead of the speedway gp website have been spot on and thats where everyone is getting there info from why all the dates cant be released so people can get there chosen gps booked up is beyond me

SEC just posted this on their facebook page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzW4Tel8Px4 ....

Some new info has been posted on the German speedway forum: it seems that the FIM is allowing one SGP rider per SEC event and also the top three of the SEC is automaticly qualified for the SGP challenge.

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

Well everything that has been reported so far on Sportofaktey including the wild cards 10 days ahead of the speedway gp website have been spot on and thats where everyone is getting there info from why all the dates cant be released so people can get there chosen gps booked up is beyond me

BSI won't release anything official to their own website until contracts have been signed and sealed and ratified by the FIM.

It is not hard to piece together the 2014 calendar given the various tickets that are already on sale but, for example, the round scheduled for April 26 has yet to be agreed. If it is Bydgoszcz then the calendar will remain as it currently is but, if not, one or two rounds might be re-shuffled.

If we waited for official confirmation, then we'd be waiting a long time for a lot of things. I can understand why the SGP website won't announce things until they're official, but I don't see why journals-of-record can't make the same educated guesses that the rest of us do.

If we waited for official confirmation, then we'd be waiting a long time for a lot of things. I can understand why the SGP website won't announce things until they're official, but I don't see why journals-of-record can't make the same educated guesses that the rest of us do.

YET another dig at Speedway Star ... if you actually read it, and considering it is a weekly publication not a website, you would realise that most of the stuff has already appeared, at least as conjecture.

WHAT I am hearing is that the FIM have decided the SEC should become a feeder series for the SGP and that a rider in the SEC will not be "invited" to compete in the SGP.

Surely if what you have heard is right it makes the GPs look a bit silly.There has been a lot of slating over the past years about lack of qualification for the world title.What the FIM are now seemingly saying is the world title series is an "invitational" event!!!!It seems they are saying that if Tai decides to enter the SEC then his "invite" will be torn up and thrown in the bin!!!!!!! I have backed the GP series over the years,but this decision makes a mockery of it