British Speedway Forum
muirspud

Teams Making The Move Up

The Y/B helmet colour worked fine and should be reintroduced.

Speedway lost it's way once they flirted with yellow and then Green helmet covers.

There would be no problem differentiating between the B/W helmet and the Y/B as there is a marked difference between the colours yellow and white and anyone who can't see that should probably not concentrate on the helmet colours as blue and red can be frustrating at speed as well.

Perhaps we should experiment with displaying some kind of number and maybe even a name on race suits and perhaps some kind of team symbol rather than trying to cram every minor sponsor who has paid more than a fiver onto them.

Some white helmet covers are more of a silvery colour and under lights they can look pale yellow and cause confusion.

The Y/B helmet colour worked fine and should be reintroduced.

Speedway lost it's way once they flirted with yellow and then Green helmet covers.

There would be no problem differentiating between the B/W helmet and the Y/B as there is a marked difference between the colours yellow and white and anyone who can't see that should probably not concentrate on the helmet colours as blue and red can be frustrating at speed as well.

Perhaps we should experiment with displaying some kind of number and maybe even a name on race suits and perhaps some kind of team symbol rather than trying to cram every minor sponsor who has paid more than a fiver onto them.

In the greater scheme of things, perhaps these aren't the most serious issues to discuss, however, how about having coloured armbands instead of helmet colours?? They used these as well as helmet colours in the 1982 World Final in LA, they worked rather well if I remember correctly?

These to be worn on the right arm, RED, BLUE, WHITE, Y & B and for the Tac Sub ride, how about HI-VIZ ORANGE?

These have another benefit as well, easier to get on/off and and wont interfere with goggles. ...

In the greater scheme of things, perhaps these aren't the most serious issues to discuss, however, how about having coloured armbands instead of helmet colours?? They used these as well as helmet colours in the 1982 World Final in LA, they worked rather well if I remember correctly?

These to be worn on the right arm, RED, BLUE, WHITE, Y & B and for the Tac Sub ride, how about HI-VIZ ORANGE?

These have another benefit as well, easier to get on/off and and wont interfere with goggles. ...

So, on a lot of tracks, when riders are on the back straight, the armband wouldn't be visible? Brilliant!

Why not Dress the riders up as teletubbies,(Purple and red - home team , Yellow and green - away team) that way you can differentiate each rider by outfit colour and also the shape of Aeril perched on top his helmet.... :t:

• Like 3

Why not Dress the riders up as teletubbies,(Purple and red - home team , Yellow and green - away team) that way you can differentiate each rider by outfit colour and also the shape of Aeril perched on top his helmet.... :t:

Perhaps if the helmet colours were all from the same maker, the colours would be more consistent? The fact that more than one colour of red, blue etc etc means some are harder to differentiate than others?

(I am trying to be serious here) not just mock others suggestions........

Perhaps if the helmet colours were all from the same maker, the colours would be more consistent? The fact that more than one colour of red, blue etc etc means some are harder to differentiate than others?

(I am trying to be serious here) not just mock others suggestions........

Actually I agree on that, seriously. Some helmet covers are so old, they have either been washed out, faded and in the case of the white one, they often appear to be cream more than white, getting it confused with the faded yellow ones.

if worky did go lite in 2014 the there would be an awful lot of fans picking and choosing meetings to go to..I.M.O.

Yeah all of them :D Who could resist ;)
  • Like 1

Actually I agree on that, seriously. Some helmet covers are so old, they have either been washed out, faded and in the case of the white one, they often appear to be cream more than white, getting it confused with the faded yellow ones.

I took part in my first amateur meeting last year at Stoke, I borrowed a set of helmet colours to use, the white one had been washed with the red one and was actually a dirty shade of pink!! A friend who took part, actually had sought out and collected some coloured shop carrier bags and made a set!! Funnily enough they were probably the best coloured colours on show, even if they looked a bit Heath-Robinson!!!!

Why don't the tracks have a set or two of standardised helmet colours that are used in official meetings?

Also, I might add, new ones aren't cheap! Think the sets I looked at to buy were over £30 per set!!

Never to Old.

Why don't riders learn to wash them properly!!! Perhaps it's a little job that some lovely supporter would like to do for their club, akin to washing the footy kit haha

Why don't riders learn to wash them properly!!! Perhaps it's a little job that some lovely supporter would like to do for their club, akin to washing the footy kit haha

yeah but know what it's like mate, ;) might be a pair of the wifes frilly red knickers still in the washing machine drum, they get missed and we end up with Pink and Orange helmet covers..... :D

• Like 1

Mad as a box of Frogs FP.

• Like 1

Personally I would like to see just Leicester move up to make it 11 teams with 20 home and 20 away meetings (40 league matches).

If more than one team moves up then there will be a series of group matches for some trophy before each team races each other just once at home and once away. (22-24 league matches)

Limit it to 11 teams in the EL so either one up or two up and one down.

They will be supposedly doing what I have suggested for years - leaving one week a month free to quickly restage any rained off meets. Expect 40 meetings but less pay per points therein.

As someone has already ask you where has it ever been said or shown that Sky had any input into those 3 rules ? We all know that double points rule was brought in as a cost saving measure .

I read that in Poland that riders on tac.SUB riders would be paid at half their normal rate. An idea for here worth trying. Double points rule is a total joke®.