British Speedway Forum

I think they ought to have qualifiers like they used to have, at least 2 semi's.

Convert all British PL league riders averages to EL league averages, the top 32 brits devided into 2 semi's and run them early season doors to provide some meaningful meetings for both british riders and fans... one semi at say Sheffield or Leicester and one at Coventry or Birmingham..

Any takers?

I think they ought to have qualifiers like they used to have, at least 2 semi's.

Convert all British PL league riders averages to EL league averages, the top 32 brits devided into 2 semi's and run them early season doors to provide some meaningful meetings for both british riders and fans... one semi at say Sheffield or Leicester and one at Coventry or Birmingham..

Any takers?

I believe there were two semi-finals in 2013, as there are generally I think. One was at Edinburgh and one at Sheffield if memory serves me correct.

No idea when the 2014 British Final will be. Imagine we'll find out when the fixtures come out late December/early January

About time it was removed from Monmore and put on a decent sized track for a change.

• Like 6

About time it was removed from Monmore and put on a decent sized track for a change.

On a weekend would be nice too.

Better to be on a track that regularly gets voted as best race/prepared track than a one line blue groove.

It appears Monmore is its natural home (bit like Swindon and the ELRC, Sheffield and the PLRC, Peterborough and the PL 4`S).

Don't make it into my track is better than your`s because Monmore is a tracked that is loved by the riders, that at least is important.

Better to be on a track that regularly gets voted as best race/prepared track than a one line blue groove.

It appears Monmore is its natural home (bit like Swindon and the ELRC, Sheffield and the PLRC, Peterborough and the PL 4`S).

Don't make it into my track is better than your`s because Monmore is a tracked that is loved by the riders, that at least is important.

Bore off Steve why should your club host it every season.... :nono:

Ridiculous!! ;)

Edited by Flyin Panther

Think it should be at Somerset, because its a great race track & also a neutral venue. Still think Tai would win it, but he wouldnt have home track advantage. Also think the wild card for Cardiff should be given to whoever finishes highest apart from Tai. I realise this might be a problem, but think the BSPA should do all they can to bring it back.

Bore off Steve why should your club host it every season.... :nono:

Ridiculous!! ;)

ditto Swindon - elrc, ditto Sheffield = plrc, ditto PETERBOROUGH = pl4`s.

Likewise, ridiculous.

• Like 1

Running it at a decent pace rather than taking a month would be more beneficial than the venue.

• Like 1

Monmore might well be prepared OK but its about the only track where riders bikes go backwards into the corners before they go forward. Put it on a different track for a change. Boring being at Monmore every year, as is the ELRC at Swindon.

Same old riders will be in the top 4 virtually every year unless we give another track a chance.

• Like 2

Im all for the British Final being back at Brandon, no bias whatsoever...... seriously though im all for taking all events to different tracks every year.

• Like 2

ditto Swindon - elrc, ditto Sheffield = plrc, ditto PETERBOROUGH = pl4`s.

Likewise, ridiculous.

OMG - we agree on something? :t:

These top meetings should be held at different tracks each year, also I would like to see the elrc held on a pl track and the plrc held on an EL track where no top pl rider doubles up.

• Like 3