Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Although Scott's comments have re-opened a can of worms it's the biggest meeting of the year for so many last night. We want them to be passionate and Scott was going for it as he wanted to be in that final, he showed aggression that was going back to sunny Sunday afternoons at Coventry when Kelvin won his title in 87.

The question is could Harris of stayed on ?? The answer is yes, he turned left where there was no gap and there was 1 outcome.. It's not just once or twice now we have seen bomber jump off the bike.

Scott was hard on Bomber don't get me wrong but the rivalry, the meeting it was, what was at stake !! Was he meant to pull the throttle back and say "after you" !

I hope for there sake they can shake hands as I can't think of anybody who would have complained if the option was for all 4 back even at that stage.

Racing incident in a highly charged moment.. End of really.

It's not just once or twice now we have seen bomber jump off the bike.

Ridden in a speedway race have you? Lets stick you on a bike at high speed and lets see if you can stay on when barged. If you can, then I will happily consider your comment that Bomber could have stayed on as valid.

my god, how can people on here moan about boo-ing? its sport! its heat of the moment stuff, it also creates a atmosphere, its banter..unless a stupid fight breaks out,who cares?.. we all meant to stand in silent, or politely applaud? its speedway, not tennis!!

• Like 5

The Crowd of loafs were out of order last nigh, it's all good a bit of Booing as banter as sorts we all expect that but when some one who has worked hard to get in the final and then gets knocked it is definately out of order.

There is no point booing some one who has fell and could be injured.

Unacceptable.

omg, let me say this s-l-o-w-l-y........speedway is a high speed sport, if your a fan of a rider/team, something called adrenalin takes over..have you ever watched a local derby? have you never got "slightly" excited? slightly carried away on whats going on?..its called passion....no1 wants anybody hurt, thats obvious..people moan bout lack of atmospheres in stadiums, when you get one, they moan again???????

• Like 5

The question is could Harris of stayed on ?? The answer is yes, he turned left where there was no gap and there was 1 outcome.. It's not just once or twice now we have seen bomber jump off the bike.

. . . could Harris HAVE stayed on ?? - you know for certain that he could, do you?

Harris made a similar move on Saturday at Malilla (AJ I think) but the Swede didn't give him a push and Harris was widely applauded for a fine ride - the difference last night was that Nicholls made contact, causing him to go down - it wasn't a dirty move, just that there was contact

No TV coverage of the incident supports any claim that Nicholls did not make contact and he loses a lot of respect for his comments on TV and Twitter

Good Bye Blocked.

I'm wondering if Stevebrum is top of the blocks as for some reason (heaven knows why) he seems to irritate people on here. :rofl:

• Like 2

To be fair to Bomber, he's taken all the stick on Twitter in very good spirit.

Ridden in a speedway race have you? Lets stick you on a bike at high speed and lets see if you can stay on when barged. If you can, then I will happily consider your comment that Bomber could have stayed on as valid.

Scott hasn't ridden him to the fence, Harris had room to move off the line so he could put his foot down to turn the bike, but like I said those two were no going to give an inch, the other way round I think exactly the same would have happened.

DHe knew he was going down cos he put his leg forward!

. . . could Harris HAVE stayed on ?? - you know for certain that he could, do you?

Harris made a similar move on Saturday at Malilla (AJ I think) but the Swede didn't give him a push and Harris was widely applauded for a fine ride - the difference last night was that Nicholls made contact, causing him to go down - it wasn't a dirty move, just that there was contact

No TV coverage of the incident supports any claim that Nicholls did not make contact and he loses a lot of respect for his comments on TV and Twitter

They originally made contact because Harris had no momentum going off the last bend, Scott was much quicker causing the clash, causing Harris to not be where he wanted and scott having the inside run. They simply just ran out of track in a racing incident but yes I do think he could have stayed on rather than go for a gap that just wasn't there. The rider on the inside will always be deemed to be the cause.

• Like 1

I have and it's not always the force of contact which is important. Slow motion pictures don't always tell the story either. It's also not that big a deal to come off entering the bend in the way Harris did, as long as you separate from the bike. I've done it many a time :D

I haven't watched it since last night but in my view Nicholls was ahead of Harris at the end of the straight and did not move outwards. Therefore it's debatable that Nicholls hit Harris. In my albeit fairly limited experience, the rider on the outside will realise that the guy on the inside needs to turn at some point and can't simply keep going straight, which ususally means they move outwards and look for a cutback. Only Harris knows why he didn't. The rules should be changed as I'd have loved to have seen a re-run with all four.

• Like 1

If the rules were changed, we would be lucky to see a full meeting, there would be that many reruns. Could be a good thing for Track Shops though, selling sleeping bags in team colours lol. Can't see the fuss about the incident. Scott caused the stoppage. End of story.

• Like 1

Sky+ Spoiler Alert:

If you have recorded this to watch later you might find that due to the overrun, the programme cuts out just as Cook and Barker approach the last bend :mad:

100% agree with you ColinMills. I get completely peezed off by people telling me how I should support my team. There are some freak accidents yes but 9 out of 10 times you can tell what's a bad crash or not.

Woffy slide of last week at King's Lynn and it was the biggest cheer of the season so far. It's the way it goes. If you don't like it fair enough but don't tell me it makes me less of a human being because of it.

Sport is sport and there's winners and losers believe it or not.

• Like 4