British Speedway Forum

Maybe a bit harsh as we can't always see what happens back in the pits etc. but I do know that riders are not encouraged to run onto the track to see fallen riders, so that medical staff can attend to the faller without interference.

Im not talking about what happens in pits, it used to be that when the riders that have a coming together on the track, they then go over and see if the other bloke is alright, but seeing it more and more when riders just walk away.

Its not the first time I have seen this over the last couple of seasons and we all know that a lot of the Brits dont get on with each other.

Anybody there see if the riders went to check each other after the incidents?

It worries me.

Im not talking about what happens in pits, it used to be that when the riders that have a coming together on the track, they then go over and see if the other bloke is alright, but seeing it more and more when riders just walk away.

Its not the first time I have seen this over the last couple of seasons and we all know that a lot of the Brits dont get on with each other.

Anybody there see if the riders went to check each other after the incidents?

It worries me.

In many meetings riders do check on each other, especially if its just a racing accident but riders dont want to go over and see a rider / friend in pain when they are due to be out on the same track in a few minutes. They do have the knowledge that most tracks are pretty safe now with air fences etc and trust like most times they will be soon walking back to the pits.

However in a meeting like the British Final, riders can be concentrating on their own performance and set up and dont want to think about what could happen rather than what they want to happen ..... win.

Yet again another good meeting held at a great race track and before the meeting I had Ben Barker and Craig Cook as the dark horses and was very pleased to see Craig Cook grab the Cardiff slot as I have to admit I am not much of a BB fan but admire the fact he can be a good racer on his day and in this meeting was very controlled and deserved his place in the final.

Was a little suprised that Scott Nicholls was excluded in his tussle with Bomber. It was harsh either way but in my opinion Scott was slightly in front and didn't move out however Bomber couldn't get his foot down and that led to him falling. As a rider had to be excluded then I felt along with other that Bomber was most likely to be excluded.

In the final, I thought the referee could have excluded both Barker and Cook in the attempts to run it, especially Cook who being on the inside can only blame himself for spinning on the first bend. Regardless of the gardening exploits by Woffy (and Cook), Tai in the end missed the important gate of the night but soon got down on the white line and shot to the front and deserves to be British Champion

Conratulations to Jason Garrity on a great nights work and had Richie Worrall have got second in his final ride, he would have been in the semi finals ahead of Bomber. Also Charles Wright rode well and wasn't out classed.