British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

London Cup

Is there a reference site in regard to London Cup results over the years? I think the last match in the competition was in 2011. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, am I correct in assuming that at one-time in its later years the competition reverted from a knock-out cup and was contested on a mini-league basis?

Edited by Guest

I've seen a couple of posts regarding the London Cup now so I've put together a PDF with all the results I have up to 2007. These figures were compiled by someone else but I'd imagine they're 99% on the money. Some years there appears to be a group system, other years it's a final, and a couple of years Belle Vue won it (their second success saw the 1st leg raced over 20 heats, the 2nd over 15!). You can download the file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8gsdu5q3l70mo0/London%20Cup.pdf

You should also take a look here: http://edinburghspeedway.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/london-cup.html

Yes I have seen the excellent Edinburgh link in regard to the early days of the London Cup. The other link you gave is new to me - it really is excellent as well.

Thank you.

Yes I have seen the excellent Edinburgh link in regard to the early days of the London Cup. The other link you gave is new to me - it really is excellent as well.

Thank you.

So it should be - I only did the list this afternoon :D

I hadn't seen the Edinburgh site before, some good stuff on there, hope it continues to build.

Was certainly contested on a mini-league basis between 1965 and 1968

and from 1969 to 1971 minus wembley because of a lack of dates at the empire stadium. i'm sure white city had similar problems in 1976 to 1978.

So it should be - I only did the list this afternoon :D

I hadn't seen the Edinburgh site before, some good stuff on there, hope it continues to build.

It will continue to build just now it's being revamped it looks a lot different but still loads to do. The London Cup page has more years added now.

I cant remember ever seeing this forum before really good stuff on here. You guys are going to get fed up with me asking asking all the time lol..

Cheers Rob