British Speedway Forum

Of course its all about how good the riders are, thats why the USA beat us...

Interesting Starman,

you have already admitted that the worst GB rider available as the 4th rider is better than Gino Manzares.

I'm waiting on your response of who is better.. Ricky Wells or any of these Harris/King/Cook/Barker? I'll save you the trouble of answering. You know as well as I do that Wells is not as good as any of those. Neither is Ryan Fisher.

So the USA's 2nd,3rd and 4th member of the team are NOT AS GOOD as GB's 4th rider. Which leaves us with one other.. ah yes, the World Champion.

So, as its 'all about how good the riders are', we can clearly see the GB riders are better than the USA riders... yet we lost, so the blame lies elsewhere.. Middleditch.

Nah, prefere something a bit more feminine meself, i mean, you ever seen his legs, enough to put anybody off their dinner! :lol:

Shouldn't think his hand is up to much either after his dog had a go at it.

Interesting reading all the posts about whos good and whos not, You have the debate about Team GB and USA, wells V barker, Bomber V Fishdog etc etc. No one has mentioned about the engines they ride.

take it that there was money behind USA, they had Greg working with Billy on what engines for the big tracks and so forth. Team GB had Cooke turn up probably with his regular bikes, nothing special. where as other nations had probably different bikes and engines.

Danny would have been the same, you cant expect our boys to ride against the best with regular equipment, Bridger is riding in Poland so he might have been a bit more savvy.

Barker was called up for the overseas meeting and had two days to get there and or find engines for a big track. with bikes that had just probably done 4 meetings and needed refreshing.

Bomber and Tai had bikes spare and engines to cover for where ever they ride and they are good.

We cant expect riders to have Bikes and engine on hand just in case they might get a call to do two extra meeting and to a different specification etc.

It needs the BSPA to sort out, Rent engines from a propper engine builder for the meetings, that way there can be no excuses.

Riders get the call and here you go put this engine in, have the tuner there working with them to get the best effect and results.

We also need some test matches against opposition home and away, seven man squad and give every one a chance to perform on the big tracks.

Team GB V Poland at Peterborough and Wroclaw. we will never get the best out of our boys basing on results that some one is good at Bham , Edinburgh, Ipswitch or Belle View. It has to be on results from bigger tracks whee you will see how big the Ba---s are, who is different on big tracks.

Team testing at Kings Lynn or Peterborough, a track man changing the track through the day Slick and Grippy.

All this costs money and someone has to front up for it, you cant expect riders to front up with £8,000 pounds of engines based on that I might get a call.

As to the manager it has to be Phil Morris, he works with you youth and can bring them along to the tests for the experience, gives everyone some running time and the likes of Mark Loram to be there as a coach. So you have a TEAM there to work with the boys all through, engines and chassi work. No good bringing along Rosco as he has a full time job and is not motivational. Put it in place now and start working to the future even down to a three yer plan for moving the team on as a package.

Very lastly riders that are selected to the team have to leave their egos at the Pit Gate, we are a team and thats it! if you dont want to be in it or it's for me then off you go. Team GB is why your there nothing other.

Any comments please.

So with Phil Morris resigning at B'ham is he now clearing his way for the GB job?

So with Phil Morris resigning at B'ham is he now clearing his way for the GB job?

Hardly likely as it's only a job for a week.

Middlo did not have to leave Poole to get the job.

For what I can see the main prerequisite for the job is to actually want it as the competition is hardly intense :)

Is it not going to be a full time job, all this bring thro' young brits etc? You surely can't do it in a week!!!

No it's just a meaningless, thankless job with an expenses paid jolly for a week in August.

Just let it be anyone except Rosco, even Havvy. :shock:

Edited by pugwash

Terrific news after last years debacle and rider mishandling.

Did he really pick the team using balls and an unlucky bag?

Time to blood the young uns and dispense with those who have failed time and again. we can`t do much worse than last year. Tai is out on his own and should have a say as to who joins him in the team

Terrific news after last years debacle and rider mishandling.

Did he really pick the team using balls and an unlucky bag?

Time to blood the young uns and dispense with those who have failed time and again. we can`t do much worse than last year. Tai is out on his own and should have a say as to who joins him in the team

What a wonderful,post that is from somebody who's only posted 3 times... not. So you would be more than happy to see the kids get tailed off by half the straight and Team GB lose every meeting, because thats what would happen. But you did get one thing right, and it doesn't take an einstien to work out Tai is out on his own.. by a long way.

I think there should be a full clear-out now that Middlo has quit. Morris should go to as he was just as much a part of the TEAM GB set-up as Middlo!!!

Give it to Rosco and Screeny!!! :t:

Get rid of TeamGB too. Our Country is called GREAT BRITAIN!!! :t::approve: :approve:

• Like 1

Get rid of TeamGB too. Our Country is called GREAT BRITAIN!!! :t::approve: :approve:

Is it?

I always though Great Britain comprised of three countries.

Is it?

Maybe only two from next year if Alex Salmond gets his way.

Which begs the question, will Glasgow and Edinburgh still be under the remit of the BSPA?

Or will they form their own SSPA?? Could we see "Team Scotland" in future SWC's

Edited by Shale Shaker

Is it?

At present - it still does.

Oh no!! :shock: Silly me I assume you forgot Northern Ireland - so actually that is FOUR Countries. :t:

........................... and we are still GREAT BRITAIN. :approve: :approve: