British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

Why are people responding to nonsense made up by the village idiot?

Do you know the word "gullible" has been missed out of the latest Oxford English Dictionary?

Wrong there, bud... but you almost had me. Think you may have a snide dictionary... my copy has the word in it.

I wonder when we will see the "official version" statement of what went on at the AGM and what is actually in store for 2014? :unsure:

Prepared to expand on that comment

The idea that racing was fantastic in the past and fans flocked in to witness such unbelievable spectacle, is false. I'm sure speedway seemed more exciting then, but that was because of large crowds and the associated excitement rather than the quality of racing. There are many reasons for speedway's dire situation but the quality of racing is way, way down the list. I'd wager that even if there passes in every single heat of racing in 2014 that gates would rise by very much, if at all.

• Like 5

So, we're talking bikes and track surfaces yes?

The modern day laydown does not handle dirt very well, now worse with the tyre compound and new exhausts (so I have been told by someone in the know)

So, how do we fix these issues without upsetting local councils (exhaust noise) tyres (not suitable for engine revs) track surface (bikes with the above components cannot handle a lot of dirt)

Its a bit chicken/egg or egg/chicken isn't it.......?

By the way, could a laydown engine be converted to a 2 valve laydown engine?

Can a laydown engine be ran upright?

Can a laydown configured diamond be converted to take the laydown in upright config cheaply?

You are spot on ! unfortunately since the new silencers were brought in track preparation has become even more difficult, nay impossible.The speedway at Wolverhampton is nowhere near the standard it used to be at Wolves 3 years ago,not the fault of the best track man in the business Doc Bridget,the fault of the new silencers.

Rossiter just tweated that all hell is breaking out at the agm - more self interest I bet!

A mass brawl about bringing back the green helmet colour?

Nah, they've run out of Pork Scratchings.

A mass brawl about bringing back the green helmet colour?

Rossiter just tweated that all hell is breaking out at the agm - more self interest I bet!

Is this because Rosco nicked and ate all the chocolate digestives or the Scottish clubs want to use tartan paint on the inside line and not yellow.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

Can just imagine the agm being like age concerns annual pilgrimage to Blackpool.... There will be mix ups over whos teeth are whos and everything

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 2

I wonder when we will see the "official version" statement of what went on at the AGM and what is actually in store for 2014? :unsure:

When its over on Sunday evening as has happened every year since the late 90s and the internet has been around.

When its over on Sunday evening as has happened every year since the late 90s and the internet has been around.

My error! I thought it ended today Saturday? Thanks for the update.

The idea that racing was fantastic in the past and fans flocked in to witness such unbelievable spectacle, is false. I'm sure speedway seemed more exciting then, but that was because of large crowds and the associated excitement rather than the quality of racing. There are many reasons for speedway's dire situation but the quality of racing is way, way down the list. I'd wager that even if there passes in every single heat of racing in 2014 that gates would rise by very much, if at all.

It has been said many times...

Everyone remembers the 'great meetings' they attended in the good old days...

The one common denominator was the crowd levels and therefore atmosphere, rather than the racing....

(If the racing was as great as the crowd then that was truly the 'utopia' that this sport uniquely can bring).

Sadly those who run the sport now see 'survival' as the mantra to be followed rather than simply agreeing a business model with regulations that reduces costs and would enable all to make money by charging an admission fee that would render 'decent crowds' in these difficult economic times...

Without an independent body to ensure this happens, the 'haves' will always try and ride roughshod over the 'have nots' (and I cant blame them to be honest if its within the rules then everything is fair game)...

As many have said, speedway's ills in this country are largely self inflicted, the current situation is delivered by years of myopic incompetence..

The saddest thing is that this website (and the readership of the speedway star) must have 1000's of 'soothsayers' as for a good many years these people have predicted the current situation 'ad nauseam' ...

Truly embarrassing to be honest that those who run this sport have 'blindly' let this situation happen...

Given all the facts and history before us, has anyone really got any faith that they can put together a cogent business plan to move the sport forwards in this country?

Rosco on a wind up I see

• Like 3