Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

Pl could have trouble finding reseves as the good ones will be better off staying in NL and get mega money doing el races.

So all EL teams have to have two NL riders but PL teams don't? Some PL teams are going to have stronger reserve pairing that the EL!

Take out the riders not eligible for the NL any more and to get the 20 NL riders needed you're looking at rider on 6.00 NL averages in the EL. They're only just out of reserve in the NL!

I'd stick a couple of 3 pointers in my 1-5 personally, as they're going to wlak all over the NL reserve riders. Would give me loads of points for my top 2. Poole are laughing! Ward, Holder, Grajczonek, Howarth. Can fit in a 5 point man with that lot.

This is so bad it's actually funny.

Edited by SCB

Pl could have trouble finding reseves as the good ones will be better off staying in NL and get mags money doing el races.

Will riders treble-up?

It makes no sense for them to ride NL and EL, but not PL.

Although, just because it makes no sense...

Edited by MattK

Most fans agree that the youngsters need to be brought on but NL riders in an EL meeting is a joke unless they only race each other, then what is the point.

Is this release one of KKS's.

Cost cutting exercise so the 'Elite' can stumble into another season and probably done with the expectation

Of no more Sky money.

So 20 NL riders needed to fill these teams - I doubt there are 5 any good and does that include Steve Boxall ?

If so he must be rubbing his hands in expectation!!!

The Announcement doesn't appear to specify anything about the NL riders.

Current NL riders?

Next season's NL riders?

Riders that have ridden in the NL in the last 3 seasons?

The mind boggles.

Clearly they don't want to lose Ward, Iversen, etc, as that wouldn't give them a great deal of chance getting another SKY deal.

That's the only very flawed logic I can see in it.

Just can't see it working.

It will either lead to some very one-sided races, or if they change the meeting format, it would leave some riders with an inflated average.

It's a good job British get that reduction! Oh, wait....

Just can't see it doing any good. No good for 90% of the NL riders, no good for the spectators, no good for the sport.

• Like 1

Most fans agree that the youngsters need to be brought on but NL riders in an EL meeting is a joke unless they only race each other, then what is the point.

Maybe that is what going to happen maybe two heats v each other ? only logic I can think of

I'm beginning to think the sport would be better off with KKS at the helm. I'm gutted mate... :sad:

• Like 1

I understand the need to weaken the product, as otherwise there's clearly no way that promotions can make it pay. However, when will speedway learn that if the product is weakened then something else needs to be done to encourage new fans to walk through the door. I doubt this was even discussed. I presume entrance fees won't change so we will have a weaker product for the same money. I can't help but think that that's not a sensible business model. All that this smacks of is promoters desperately sticking their fingers in the hole in the damn.

Edited by Kester
  • Like 1

I hope they've taken his belt and shoelaces off him - he must be gutted at the moment

he certainly didn't predict it!!

I am thinking it could be 3 or 4 reserve only races in the meeting ? That could work

• Like 2

The good news is the Turbo Twins can be kept together though!