British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

I'm sure its not just me, but isn't this AGAIN a case of the BSPA rushing out a press release that hasn't been properly thought through, as it raises as many questions as it attempts to give answers?!

It happened last year as well when a further full statement 'offering clarification' had to be issued.

Already statements appearing on club websites and other social media use different wording to the 'official' statement and consequently lead to other confusing interpretations.

Whoever composes/issues these statements needs a good education in 'how to write a press release'!! :mad:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Would it not have made more sense to encourage more riders from the Premier league to move up , making more room for National League riders to move up to reserves in the Premier League ?

far to sensible, thats why it wasn't thought of.. :nono:

At least the yellow paint will find a use as vans will have to be changed from -------/ ------ National league rider to Elite league rider

• Like 1

What if.............................

There aren't 20 NL riders wanting this opportunity? What happens then.....?

They will get a 28 day ban for with holding their services lol

Perhaps a key comment from Jon Cook on the Hammers site :

"Clubs will be allocated their riders at a draft meeting at the sports Rugby HQ early next month and there will be a change of race format to produce two reserve races. The Hammers expect the first rider they are allocated to be Adam Ellis who signed a full contract for the club at the end of the 2012 season."

So Lakeside get allocated a Lakeside asset, thats fine. They then tell him, "Adam, the BSPA have said you're riding for us.". "Great", says Adam, "How much will I get paid?" "Oh, say Jon Cook, has nobody told you? You don't."

What if the NL rider tells the EL club to get stuffed? What is a NL rider? A 2012 NL rider or a 2013 NL rider?

What happens when Robert Lambert turns 16? Can any club sign him?

What happens when Robert Lambert scores 313 every meeting and averages 9? Does he have to sign as a heatleader in 2015?

WOW I just don't know what to say.

Glad Workington are in the premier league.

Would have been a good season to have an inter league cup cos the premier teams could be stronger than the "ELITE"

• Like 1

They are riding at reserve in the EL not the main body but it still doesn't make sense.If they had said the PL rather than he EL then there wouldn't be any problem.Really can't get my head around it tbh

So how many NL riders will we have in the ELRC nxt seasons once all the 'elite' riders pull out?

Edited by Cj69

Neither can I. Some people appear to be implying that what it will be, is that the two reserves in each EL team have to be NL riders and will only have two programmed rides and these are against each other (ie heat 2 times two..).

Is this correct..? Or have I totally misunderstood..?!

Did we the humble supporter expect anything else from the BSPA? More complicated rules to be added to the already vast rulebook. Glad Ipswich are in the PL, Good luck Lions fans, think you are going to need it. As for Peterborough hopefully they will find a solution and join the PL.

• Like 1

I can not see them getting the 20 riders they need at a standard that could cope with elite league meetings.

They just seam to think that the young riders are going to jump at this no problem.

Elite lol lol lol

How the hell are they selling this to any TV company no wonder nothing has been signed.

The premier league should go its own way and get its own TV deal cos it's gonna be better racing for sure.

• Like 4

What they these Nl riders get injury ? don't tell me you can get another and better nl rider in

Edited by orion

So what actually constitutes a national league rider? Is it going to be a premier league rider with a average under X amount (who is eligible) and under a certain age? Hope they change the national league eligibility just so the elite league isnt going to be a joke.