British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

Over 2013format it is poss that a 2014 PL team could beat a 2014 EL team. I like the idea of bringing the leagues closer together, but we should be calling them the Central league and the less Central league

In allocating NL riders, do they not realise the gulf in class of some of them is massive?? Or is it just me??.... No disrespect but Ellis, Morris, Boxall, lambert,blackbird, Kerr, etc etc where different gravy to Brendan Johnson and the likes...

Be interesting to find out just what a NL rider compromises, if tony Atkin makes a comeback, will he be ok to ride in the EL as a NL rider... At the age of 85??

• Like 1

So what actually constitutes a national league rider? Is it going to be a premier league rider with a average under X amount (who is eligible) and under a certain age? Hope they change the national league eligibility just so the elite league isnt going to be a joke.

Good point, could a prem league rider drop down to NL to get a shot at el reserve birth?

after reading John Cooks piece on the Lakeside website , it appears to me the term NL, may not be strictly true as he indicates Adam Ellis will be allocated to them, (correct me if im wrong but under current rules wouldnt Adam be ineligible to NL in 2014 due to his PL ave, but John has stated he will be eligible for all 3 leagues), and the expectation that Adam will be at Lakeside indicates that the asset issue may come into force.

imo i will await for full details, before judgement but imo they have tried to reduce costs/ potentially keep top riders (up to each club how it builds its top 5) and give British youngsters (not 2nd rate halfhearted foreigners such as stachrya/ gizatulin etc) a chance to race with higher standard riders, all these to me fall into what is needed, eg Wolves could keep Tai and introduce say Ashley Morris/ KL could keep NKI and introduce Kerr/Lambert, also we get 2+2 fixtures which is what we have wanted as well, im optimistic on it all.

Edited by brewer
  • Like 2

So what actually constitutes a national league rider? Is it going to be a premier league rider with a average under X amount (who is eligible) and under a certain age? Hope they change the national league eligibility just so the elite league isnt going to be a joke.

Good point, could a prem league rider drop down to NL to get a shot at el reserve birth?

So it seems the 20 NL (or whatever) Brits are to be selected by Phil Morris and Neil Vatcher - the joint U21 Team GB managers - prior to the allocation!

Presumably those selected will have been spoken with first and only 'put forward' if they want to progress and agree to whatever the 'terms' are??!!

Yes..... but only if he wants to ride for Poole . :wink:

No mention of F2 :-(

Would it not have made more sense to encourage more riders from the Premier league to move up , making more room for National League riders to move up to reserves in the Premier League ?

Thats too complicated + they will want points money!!

will have to see what the actual format turns out to be but if you look at season ending teams theres only 3 teams who's top 5 were under 32 points funnily enough they were 30.68,30.61 and 30.51 the 2 highest were 35.61 and 37.09

if they were all under the 32 points then you could argue it was stronger next year but not looking at this years averages

the trouble is even if this works in 2014, what on earth happens the year after?

got to be doubtful there will be a next year really.