British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

but how many chances have ostergaard, a,dryml, summers, kosciusch, lahti, l.lindgren, kozza, north hadall ending up at reserve this year, much rather brits given a shot and the backing

That's the point I was making. We'll see fewer sub-standard foreigners and many more British riders on Elite League tracks next year and - as long as the heat formula is sympathetic - that can only be a good thing for the future. Some PL-standard Brits may suffer a setback in the short-term, but if the likes of Auty, Lawson and Birks are good enough, they will come again.

• Like 2

Anyone know when the NL riders will be assigned their EL clubs?

PL clubs have their teams to build, so hopefully ASAP.

Delighted to see Glasgow are down to come to the Tapes next Season George. :t::approve::approve:

• Like 1

Sad for Peterbro,makes you wonder how many more would've gone without change

Good to see more emphasis on Brits,I just hope promoters will stand by them and give them a fair crack,

Delighted to see Glasgow are down to come to the Tapes next Season George. :t::approve::approve:

Cheers TWK.

Relief!

Just having a wee half to celebrate.

Cheers TWK.

Relief!

Just having a wee half to celebrate.

Cheers my friend. :drink::drink:

• Like 1

if analysed properly then this system effectively takes out 4 wages a meeting as the N L boys will I am sure not impact the overall figure too much...

if say on average 1K per rider per night (inc points money, air fares/van hire/hotel bills etc etc) then that saves the sport 4k a meeting...

over a full season that's a hell of a lot of costs removed...

if nothing else, well done to the promoters for eventually waking up and smelling the coffee..

let's hope it works for the long term good of the sport..

Why would it take out four wages?The NL boys could be in demand so could get a higher points money.And at the end of the day there will always be the same amount of points up for grabs in a match.At present teams have to be paid on 90pts in a match regardless of who rides for who.The only way to bring costs down is to pay less per point.

• Like 2

if analysed properly then this system effectively takes out 4 wages a meeting as the N L boys will I am sure not impact the overall figure too much...

if say on average 1K per rider per night (inc points money, air fares/van hire/hotel bills etc etc) then that saves the sport 4k a meeting...

over a full season that's a hell of a lot of costs removed...

if nothing else, well done to the promoters for eventually waking up and smelling the coffee..

let's hope it works for the long term good of the sport..

So the points reserve used to score just disappear? There 95 points in a meeting on average (about 5 bonus points scored on average). That will still be the case.

So the points reserve used to score just disappear? There 95 points in a meeting on average (about 5 bonus points scored on average). That will still be the case.

but less money spent on crap foreigners flying them in etc

• Like 2

but less money spent on crap foreigners flying them in etc

Because of course, promoters spend £x on the rider and THEN paid the airfares. No, they had £x to spend including the airfares. If the rider didn't need airfares he would have got a great signing on bonus/points money.

Because of course, promoters spend £x on the rider and THEN paid the airfares. No, they had £x to spend including the airfares. If the rider didn't need airfares he would have got a great signing on bonus/points money.

either way signing british is better, deal with it :t:

• Like 1

These NL reserves could well benefit from the Sky money if TV comes off. Some of the money could be directed towards these lads equipment to bring them on.

Surely TV money is to help the club's general finances in their need to survive, not to be redirected at other causes? Is there a specific guideline on how a club PROMOTING a meeting on SKY or any TV channel should use the TV money they receive? Or is there a general payout which less an agent's commission is paid in whole to the Elite League, then shared out irrespective of if that track ever stages a meeting for TV programming? I have often wondered what the procedure is and if there are hard and fast rules in regard to how recipients use it.

If we're interpreting 'NL riders' as those who have ridden in the NL but haven't had a permanent EL place then here are the top 20 (in average order):

A:

Cameron Heeps

Lewis Kerr

Jason Garrity

Lewis Blackbird

Stefan Nielsen

Charles Wright

Adam Ellis

Ashley Morris

Jake Anderson

Paul Starke

B:

Joe Jacobs

Lewis Rose

Robert Lambert

Robert Branford

Ben Reade

Jake Knight

Josh Bates

James Sarjeant

Ben Morley

Ben Hopwood

But that doesn't take into account riders' ages and why Poole are rumoured to want to use Kyle Newman... Tbh it just seems like Vatcher & Morris are going to pick their favourite 20 riders!

And under 2013 rules, 9 of those are ineligible for the NL in 2014.

Edited by Islander15

sad news regarding Peterborough,one of the best racetrack in the country ,speedway can I'll afford to lose tracks like the Showground.

• Like 1

These NL reserves could well benefit from the Sky money if TV comes off. Some of the money could be directed towards these lads equipment to bring them on.

If it comes off then I absolutely agree that should happen. I think there probably will be a TV deal. For the BSPA to agree to it, I think the TV company will have to agree to cover all production costs which aren't inconsiderable. I very much doubt there will be any direct sponsorship. So that is a shortfall of £100,000 per team. Plus I expect each team will need to contribute money towards a fee to Terry Russell for brokering a TV deal.

There is a heck of a lot of money the British Speedway must source from somewhere. We understand Peterborough were losing a £100,000 a season. We know that each extra fixture (we have 4 more this year) for a number of teams is just a further financial loss.

Like you I'd love so see money going towards young British talent. I actually fear any money will be required to actually enable the season to finish with the same starting 10 teams.

If we're interpreting 'NL riders' as those who have ridden in the NL but haven't had a permanent EL place then here are the top 20 (in average order):

A:

Cameron Heeps

Lewis Kerr

Jason Garrity

Lewis Blackbird

Stefan Nielsen

Charles Wright

Adam Ellis

Ashley Morris

Jake Anderson

Paul Starke

B:

Joe Jacobs

Lewis Rose

Robert Lambert

Robert Branford

Ben Reade

Jake Knight

Josh Bates

James Sarjeant

Ben Morley

Ben Hopwood

But that doesn't take into account riders' ages and why Poole are rumoured to want to use Kyle Newman... Tbh it just seems like Vatcher & Morris are going to pick their favourite 20 riders!

And under 2013 rules, 9 of those are ineligible for the NL in 2014.

why have you got jake anderson in there?