British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

Can anyone tell me when the meeting/conference will be held?

Can anyone tell me when the meeting/conference will be held?

This weekend

I've heard already today, that one huge change is the white line/kerb will no longer be white... as of the start of the 2014 season they all must be painted yellow, proper yellow, not lemon, amber, proper road markings yellow. Any team failing to comply will be fined and docked 11 league points per offence.. (has to be re coated prior the the start of every meeting.

• Like 2

Speedway in this country and the people who run it never stop amazing me.

On the inside pages of this weeks Speedway Star Terry Russell is basically saying the promoters dont know anything about whats going on, and only he and a couple of others do.

He then says he is surprised the BSPA have their meeting this weekend when it may take until Xmas for him to get a TV deal for next year, which we all know is the deciding factor in what speedway will be like next year. You couldnt write this in a novel, no-one would believe such people could be in charge.

This sport, that we all love so much, is dying and maybe for the long term future of the sport it needs to die to death and then rise from the ashes from the grassroots up.

• Like 2

Pointless having the AGM before we know where we are with Sky. Teams can be sorted once the BSPA know whether sky or another TV company are onboard or not.

Certainly foolhardy to go ahead and deal with team building plans etc before the finances are known.

At the Poole celebration night last night is was reported that Matt ford was more confident the sport would be shown on TV next year, though whether it's Sky or BT who knows? He did say whatever the league structure, Poole would build the strongest possible team under the rules of the league.

.......Nikko....... He then says he is surprised the BSPA have their meeting this weekend when it may take until Xmas for him to get a TV deal for next year, which we all know is the deciding factor in what speedway will be like next year. You couldnt write this in a novel, no-one would believe such people could be in charge.

Personally I'm hoping Sky don't re-new their deal because this might just be the 'kick up the backside' the promoters need to do something drastic about the sport instead of plodding on for another season losing more fans. I'm probably being selfish though because I dropped Sky Sports this year trying to cut down so it doesn't really affect me, although judging by comments through the season about the matches I didn't miss much.

• Like 4

They should just carry on with the agm thinking there is no deal and if one is then agreed its a much needed boost to their bank balance.

• Like 5

I like this yellow line idea.

Sounds rather progressive and gives me hope that this years booze up will actually produce something worthwhile.

• Like 1

I like this yellow line idea.

Sounds rather progressive and gives me hope that this years booze up will actually produce something worthwhile.

I'm assuming this line can only be painted using the official patented paint supplied by Barry Briggs?

• Like 7

I've heard already today, that one huge change is the white line/kerb will no longer be white... as of the start of the 2014 season they all must be painted yellow, proper yellow, not lemon, amber, proper road markings yellow. Any team failing to comply will be fined and docked 11 league points per offence.. (has to be re coated prior the the start of every meeting.

will this yellow line be a single or a double one. as in accordance with the highway code , it will have to have the proper sign and regulationss fixed to it.. will sunday tracks be exempt from the yellow peril and will the after 6pm restrictions apply. .. time to invent yellow white wash.. er yellow wash..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Just seen the post on Pooles website from the AGM nothing has really happened and nothing has really changed. No mention was made on TV covearge but it has still got a few days to go. Just the same old people and the same old rubish we hear every year

have biscuits been officially agreed??

• Like 2