British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

If the points limit is lowered then can't help feeling mr ford has been one step ahead of the game again in already having josh G, Dyer, Tungate and Howarth at his disposal..... Pretty much a monopoly on the cream of the crop on their averages..... It will be a no contest IMO.

If the points limit is lowered then can't help feeling mr ford has been one step ahead of the game again in already having josh G, Dyer, Tungate and Howarth at his disposal..... Pretty much a monopoly on the cream of the crop on their averages..... It will be a no contest IMO.

Don't forget THJ :P

To be honest, Regardless of the points limit; Matt Ford is always one step ahead as he's the most prepared and successful promoter.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

Hasn't Dyer jacked it in?

Aaaaahhhhh - but - he doesn't have Richie Worrall. :t::approve:

.......................... or does he? :unsure::unsure::blink:

Hasn't Dyer jacked it in?

I'm sure I read somewhere that Dyer couldn't make Speedway pay. I thought he had retired too.

really ??? panthers have plenty of assets on handy averages ;)

Bet he's looking at Mikkel Bech.

Tungate I would hope would be lining up for his HOME club the Witches :/

who mate??

Patrick Hougaard Racing Fans. :rolleyes::rolleyes::icon_smile_clown:

I'm afraid you have not thought it through, you could have a 21 points limit with 7 riders all on 3 points, but by the end of the year some would still be on 3 and some would be on 9 points or more and some in the middle. The new 9 pointers would be asking for 9 pointer heat leader money and certainly more than the 3 pointers. Will the promoters say to them, you can't be paid more because you are only a 3 pointer Conference rider who just happens to be a heat leader because the League has been weakened so much.

The promoters need protecting from themselves. Whatever the points limit, they have to be prepared to say no to riders who want more than can be afforded. If they pay a 7 point rider who would be a #1 in a watered down league what they are paying today's #1 then they deserve to go out of business.

• Like 2

I only hope that some of the warnings have been taken on board, and that a cohesive package for the future of Speedway has been agreed at the AGM.

I just saw on twitter a 44 point limit, 2 brits per team and no black and white helmet tactical ride.

I got all excited then realised it was someone's wish list. :(

• Like 1

I just saw on twitter a 44 point limit, 2 brits per team and no black and white helmet tactical ride.

I got all excited then realised it was someone's wish list. :(

Yeah!!! - Mine. :t:

I can't help but think that if the points limit is to be reduced, they should also reduce teams to be 6 man teams. That would reduce costs and reduce the number of doubling up (or down) riders.