British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

MY understanding is that the heats involving NL riders will be "protected" which presumably means they will only race against each other...

So basically the fans will be paying the same money for roughly a 70% EL meeting and a 30% NL meeting

It's great for Poole thou, keep a strong top 5 then cherry pick the best nl riders rather than having to pick weak reserves because of using most of there points on the top 5 .

• Like 4

MY understanding is that the heats involving NL riders will be "protected" which presumably means they will only race against each other...

So what happens if a 1 to 5 rider is excluded, or gets injured during the match, I assume a 1 to 5 rider will always now go off 15m for a tape offence.

• Like 2

I feel for Elite League fans who will no doubt be expected to pay the same if not more than this season to watch a 2/3 el and 1/3 nl match

As far as I can see, they had a real chance (yet again) to do something positive. Instead we've got some sort of halfway house designed to try to cut costs by lowering the points limit yet retaining the GP stars.

SCB has just predicted Poole's top 4. I suspect, if averages allow, they'll stick Mikkel Bech in there with Holder, Ward, Josh G and Kyle N. All they'll have to do is make sure they have a couple of half-decent NL reserves (who do not even seem to have averages) and they will stroll to the title again!

Kings Lynn, if they can keep Robert Lambert will have one of the top heat leaders in Iversen and the top NL rider.

If there is no NL points limit ascribed to the reserve positions, essentially these rules mean you can build the strongest 1-5 possible and also have the best reserves in the league. The usual team-building scenario of a weaker 1-5 being off set by a stronger reserve pairing (Bham this year for example) has gone out of the window.

• Like 4

Any idea when the statement is?

7.00 PM tonight?

As always you are well informed! :party: After the way you looked after the Syria Civil War crisis in General Discussions plus your revelation that this work won you a journalistic award I have every confidence in this comment re the BSPA AGM statement. :party: I have set my alarm for 7pm. :icon_smile_clown:

I am looking at 5.33pm as Hougaard Racing Fans said the statement will be released at 7pm. Are we sure of the authenticity of the release that is attracting so much debate at the moment? Surely he didn't get it wrong - maybe we are in the wrong international Time Zone? :unsure:

Edited by Guest

What happens if a National League rider is riding or signed for a Premier Team and doubles up for an Elite team, if there is a clash of fixtures does the Premier Team have first call on his services? If the Elite reserve is injured will you have reserve guests?

• Like 2

I bet it was suggested to move to just 12 heats to save money and then someone else said let's fill those race with nl riders and things developed... Went downhill from there.

• Like 2

I would say I'm staggered but I'm not really. The BSPA should not be allowed to get together every year without someone with one iota of common sense to supervise.

Take Lewis Kerr as an example. Assuming he doesn't ride NL next season does this rule him out of the EL unless he rides top 5? It would appear so. How the hell does that develop young British riders? And if the NL riders only ride against each other then same question. How does that help them progress? It would make much more sense if the rule was two Brits at reserve in the EL and two NL riders at reserve in the PL but I'm afraid the BSPA don't do common sense. God knows how the EL averages will be calculated.

As for the PL well 14 into 12 doesn't work so better prepare ourselves for some rediculous rule which sees teams ride against two teams twice. Jesus.

Every year the BSPA get together and come up with a new load of rules which are not thought out and almost always massively unpopular with the supporters. Do they really wonder why crowds are decreasing year on year.

Total vote of no confidence in the BSPA from me . An absolute joke.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 9

I am looking at 5.33pm and Hougaard Racing Fans said the statement will be released at 7pm. Are we sure of the authenticity of the release that is attracting so much debate at the moment? Surely he didn't get it wrong - maybe we are in the wrong international Time Zone? :unsure:

It's on the BSPA web site, unless it's been hacked.

They had something along these lines in the Bundesliga a few years back and are doing it this year in the development league with 250cc riders.One of the problems is even at this level is the standard can be quite big and it was often the case that 1 rider won all 4 heats and 1 rider came last in all 4......

Utter shambles.... Protect our pocket and shaft the fans... Only glad my club is PL

How is this going to develop NL riders blobby?? That is what the NL is for surely??

• Like 1

Brilliant. So I'm now paying more than I did last year to watch National League speedway now that we've been promoted into the Elite league. Is it just me who's seriously missed something here?

• Like 4

Utter shambles.... Protect our pocket and shaft the fans... Only glad my club is PL

How is this going to develop NL riders blobby?? That is what the NL is for surely??

In the old world riders would start in the NL and then move up to the PL and then finally to the EL - when they are good enough. This is about cutting costs it has absolutely nothing to do with developing British riders which the BSPA have never given a toss about.

• Like 6