British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry The Cat

Uncle Len's Bold Move

So if the terms are right and the Elite League expands to 12 teams in 2014 then Uncle Len wants Rye House to join Ipswich and Leicester in the top flight!

No it's not April 1st!

What a mug!!

So if the terms are right and the Elite League expands to 12 teams in 2014 then Uncle Len wants Rye House to join Ipswich and Leicester in the top flight!

No it's not April 1st!

Is this on record somewhere or from a, ahem "reliable source"

If that's true then it must reflect a substantial reduction in the costs of running in the EL as Len is no mug when it comes to money.

and presumably Kent Kings move into the PL?

There is absolutely no chance Ipswich will be in the EL next year. That's from a ''reliable source'' who knows a butcher who knows a man who runs a cafe who's brother knows another man. That's PADDY POWERS top tip in there somewhere.. Don't believe a word till you read it on a real page, not fantasy speedway website.

No it's not April 1st!

Am I missing something as at present there are 10 EL clubs. Add Ipswich and Leceister that makes 12 already. An expansion to 12 does not leave room for Rye House unless one of the current 10 drop to the PL.

I know its against what Len has said in recent years. But it does tie up with some names I have heard that Len has been chatting too.

Also Mellgren, Nelson and Garrity nailed on for next year according to Len in local paper. I suppose they could be a second string and 2 reserves ???

Somehow I just dont see Rye House going EL.[/quo

Somehow can't see it being a real elite next year.

There's too many crap small tracks in the Elite League already, we don't want another one... But would welcome Ipswich and Leicester, both within easy reach for supporters to follow.

• Like 1

he would have to put an air fence at Rye and has always beeen against it for quite a few reasons. cost and lack of viewing are two

I'm not sure the track is EL standard as its so narrow and too many accidents

he would have to put an air fence at Rye and has always beeen against it for quite a few reasons. cost and lack of viewing are two

I'm not sure the track is EL standard as its so narrow and too many accidents

He'll need an air fence in the PL too from next season won't he?
  • Like 1

All tracks have to have an air fence next year. As for the 2nd comment its ridiclous have you been lately??

• Like 1

There's too many crap small tracks in the Elite League already, we don't want another one... But would welcome Ipswich and Leicester, both within easy reach for supporters to follow.

You don't want any poor tracks but would welcome Leicester? I take it you've never been. It's a good job Sky will bail out as a live televised meeting from Beaumont Park would send the forum into meltdown.

Not too much wrong with the Rye track IMO. Not the best out there certainly and it IS a bit on the narrow side, but there are definitely worse tracks around.

You don't want any poor tracks but would welcome Leicester? I take it you've never been. It's a good job Sky will bail out as a live televised meeting from Beaumont Park would send the forum into meltdown.

I'd actually like to see a televised meeting at Leicester to see whether the 3 times I've been have been a total fluke, as I'm sure they must be judging by the comments of the regulars.

On two visits I've seen a good entertaining meeting, and the third wasn't great, but wasn't particularly bad either.