Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry The Cat

Uncle Len's Bold Move

There's too many crap small tracks in the Elite League already, we don't want another one... But would welcome Ipswich and Leicester

Have you been drinking?

According to the Rye website the track is already being altered to accomodate the new airfence, paid for from last years profits, so not all tracks are running at a loss. But where did the suggestion come from that Rye would be going EL?

• Like 1

current crowds could not support EL racing at rye, but the added bonus of plenty of local derbies plus the matches against the midlands clubs, could make it an attractive proposition for uncle len.

Woffinden should rejoin Rye, Wolves stole him from Rye House and he should return to his true home

his true home is without doubt Scunthrope .
  • Like 1

Last thing the EL needs is a dinosaur like Silver joining in.

Yeah because the current setup has been a roaring success...

• Like 1

Beer talking time xxx - I went to Sunderland v Bradford in 197X, I was spannering for Tony Freegard, we borowed a sprocket off Jim Ryman (sp) {the Boston lad] who lived in Howard Cole's dad's workshop at Wolves] (Sunderland gear ratio was a bastard - the Aussies passed the sprockets around). Promoter was Len Silver (Nel Revlis) think a friend of his promoted Hackney on the same night!!! George & Terry Barclay shared a Ford Zodiac - no boot lid - bikes in the boot (memo no oil painted van or full time mechanics). Dave Baugh equalled Ivan Mauger's historic track recod in Ht: 1. Len Silver gave me 'Field Of Dreams' before baseball thought about it! Jurrasic Park was a best selling film. Dinosaurs are great - Let 2014 be the year of Dinosaurs.... Let's get back to basics.... The Gun Powder Plot was hatched at Rye.... Len - blow the bastards up at the AGM!!!

Yeh too right. Last thing the EL needs is a piddling little ancient PL promoter showing them how to run a club without making a massive loss. Where will it all end? Riders being paid on time no threats of clubs closing down. How boring would that be knowing that your club is sure to run next season and the season after that.

• Like 4

Yeh too right. Last thing the EL needs is a piddling little ancient PL promoter showing them how to run a club without making a massive loss. Where will it all end? Riders being paid on time no threats of clubs closing down. How boring would that be knowing that your club is sure to run next season and the season after that.

............cant half fry fish...... :rofl:

There's too many crap small tracks in the Elite League already, we don't want another one.

If all tracks were prepared like Wolves then cr*p tracks as you call them would be a thing of the past.

rye is a great little family venue, and a good family night out. problem is you are a twit .....

you are a small minded idiot actually ....

Flippin' heck, the personal abuse is a bit uncalled for, everyone has a right to their own opinion.

I agree with you about it being a great little family venue. Although I support King's Lynn first and foremost, I do support speedway in general, and often visit places like Buxton on a Sunday. I attended a great many meetings at Rye House this year, and seldom saw what youcould call a bad one, but I saw many exceptionally poor Elite League meetings.

Assuming all three leagues remain the same again (which I don't think they will), then there is, in my opinion, no better place to be thanthe Premier League, as it is the only league that's got its house in order.

One frightening thought about Rye House moving into the Elite League is however much would Len charge people to get in, if he charges whathe does currently?

Anyway, they are just my opinions, rightly or wrongly, to which I'm entitled to, just like anybody else that posts on these forums. We'renot idiots, we're just expressing our own views.

The OP has in the past been spot on with news before,I seem to remember he told us about Richie Worrall leaving Lakeside before it became public knowledge. Still seems a long shot but I hope its true.

I was expecting Rye to drop to the NL tbh and be replaced by Kent. maybe a case of someone getting their EL's and NL's mixed up?

NB and If he wants a reason for fans to visit he will have to do better than plugging the 'best fish and chips' Mildenhall's are far superior.

• Like 1