British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry The Cat

Uncle Len's Bold Move

I was expecting Rye to drop to the NL tbh and be replaced by Kent. maybe a case of someone getting their EL's and NL's mixed up?

NB and If he wants a reason for fans to visit he will have to do better than plugging the 'best fish and chips' Mildenhall's are far superior.

Frozen chips these days not half as good as proper freshly peeled spuds....

Personally I think Uncle Len has had his chips! ;)

I was expecting Rye to drop to the NL tbh and be replaced by Kent. maybe a case of someone getting their EL's and NL's mixed up?

NB and If he wants a reason for fans to visit he will have to do better than plugging the 'best fish and chips' Mildenhall's are far superior.

Yep, the Rye House fish and chips are very poor these days, whilst the Mildenhall ones are excellent.

• Like 2

Ok lets knock len silver....a few facts

Unlike morons who come into the sport throw money and then bankrupt tracks len has bought his stadium and is in a far better position financially to move up and make his club pay

Len bought an airfence last season and despite having the safest fence in the country has bitten the bullet and not gone cap in hand to the supporters and should commended.

Seems a bit rich to complain about the track when live on the telly for years now we have had to put up with loads of dross racing from places like arena belle vue coventry etc.

If it wasnt financially viable len would not move up thats why he still in business fifty years after he started promoting at hackney

It does make me laugh when people call him a dinosaur...i dont see him reporting tens of thousands of pounds in loses unlike some big elite clubs have.

Personally as a rye house supporter i hope we stay put in the PL its a far better product and value for money made successful by clubs like Rye House

Well,I hope they stay in PL because me and the wife are making it our `home` club next season.

Peterborough can get stuffed as far as we are cocerned.

EL? forget it!!

Well,I hope they stay in PL because me and the wife are making it our `home` club next season.

Peterborough can get stuffed as far as we are cocerned.

EL? forget it!!

What have the Panthers done to disgruntle you Tezza? :o

I understand that you are not a fan of our number one.... but hey the team at the back end of last season was the most exciting I have ever seen at the EOES since 2006... a team with 4 out and out racers in it! :t:

• Like 1

Unlike morons who come into the sport throw money and then bankrupt tracks len has bought his stadium and is in a far better position financially to move up and make his club pay

Len bought an airfence last season and despite having the safest fence in the country has bitten the bullet and not gone cap in hand to the supporters and should commended.

Seems a bit rich to complain about the track when live on the telly for years now we have had to put up with loads of dross racing from places like arena belle vue coventry etc.

If it wasnt financially viable len would not move up thats why he still in business fifty years after he started promoting at hackney

It does make me laugh when people call him a dinosaur...i dont see him reporting tens of thousands of pounds in loses unlike some big elite clubs have.

Personally as a rye house supporter i hope we stay put in the PL its a far better product and value for money made successful by clubs like Rye House

Top post +1

a new auto spud peeler will cost you about 50 G. . where a bag of frozen chips will cost a quid. well done uncle len..

Brilliant post, a proper promoter who cares deeply for the sport and does not take the l

P@$s out of the supporters and the system to "engineer" a winning team.

I remember " uncle Len" being introduced to us at Eastie in the 70s', same time as Johnie Hoskins, proper promoters.

• Like 1

The EL in 2014, will be like a strong PL, so it's no great step up, this then leaves the PL with a North and South division, with home and away twice being used due to the smaller amount of Teams in each league.

can anyone confirm this rumour? sauce?

I personally just think as It's quiet here it has become silly season.

I cannot see uncle Len taking the rockets into the EL....

Woffinden should rejoin Rye, Wolves stole him from Rye House and he should return to his true home

Maybe you should return to your true home before the men in white coats come to take you back. :wink:

What time do you have to arrive at Rye to get a chance to taste the fish & chips? We arrived for the NLRC at 6-30, & they were sold out !

What have the Panthers done to disgruntle you Tezza? :o

I understand that you are not a fan of our number one.... but hey the team at the back end of last season was the most exciting I have ever seen at the EOES since 2006... a team with 4 out and out racers in it! :t:

Excellent news, he'll soon find something to whine about but at least it'll be Rye House connected.

Excellent news, he'll soon find something to whine about but at least it'll be Rye House connected.

Rye House

Dry House! ;)