British Speedway Forum
June01

Stoke V Long Eaton Nl 1986

Does anyone know which number Eric Broadbelt rode at in this meeting please? It would have been either 4 or 5.

Edited to add the date of the meeting was 31.08.86.

Edited by June01

I can't help with the above but five days later at Glasgow on 5th September, Eric Broadbelt replaced John Proctor at No. 5 with Miles Evans at No. 4. Long Eaton lined up Geoff Pusey, Gerald Short, Dave Morton (guest for Mark Fiora away on international duty), Evans, Broadbelt, Kenny Young (who filled the blank space at 6) and Glenn Doyle.

Looking at the racecard, Broadbelt and Evans taccy subbed each other in Heats 12 & 13, if you read that from Speedway Star it would look like Broadbelt was at 4 and Evans at 5. I'm guessing you've got that very problem.

Hi there.

I was at this meeting and will dig out my programme.

Will let you know tonight.

Steve

Looking at the racecard, Broadbelt and Evans taccy subbed each other in Heats 12 & 13, if you read that from Speedway Star it would look like Broadbelt was at 4 and Evans at 5. I'm guessing you've got that very problem.

Yeah. I've been working out the rider order from the heat details in the SS, but, as you can see, it's not possible from those details. :) However, I don't have Eric in heat 13? I have: Ht 13..Fiora, Sumner, Crabtree, Doyle My problem is both riders (EB and ME) were substitued in heats 12 and 13 with Pusey and Doyle respectively.

Thanks, Steve. No hurry. :)

Edited by June01

Hi there.

Fished out my "programme" - in fact it's an insert !

Anyway, Eric Broadbelt rode at number 5 and replaced the programmed John Proctor.

In fact, Eric wasn't named in the original line up printed in the insert.

Glad I've been able to answer your query.

Steve

Many thanks for clearing another one up Steve. Wish I was able to return the favour but so far I've been unable to help with your requests. I shall keep looking though. Thanks again.