British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kingbee

Tactical Sub Rule

Just to throw a spanner in the works,now we have the National League riders in all I can see that there will be a problem to be resolved with tactical rides no matter how they word the regulations.I don't see it is that simple especially if one of these National League riders fails to come up to expectations. Let me say say I am in full agreement with National League riders but I do believe there will be problems.

Change league points scoring system to following

LEAGUE SCORING SYSTEM
Home loss by any amount of points = 0
2.Home draw = 1
3.Home win by between 1 and Either 8 or 10 points = 2 *
4.Home win by Either 9 or 11 points or more = 3 *
5.Away loss by Either 9 or 11 points or more = 0 *
6.Away loss by Either 8 or 10 points or less = 1 *
7.Away draw = 2
8.Away win by between 1 and Either 8 or 10 points = 3 *
9.Away win by Either 9 or 11 points or more = 4 *

If using current tactical ride rule 10 and 12 points behind then the above league scoring system could be implemented so that the tactical ride rule could be completely disbanded.

Meaning highest winning meeting score target would be 49/50+points or 50/51+ points

Meaning lowest losing meeting score target would be 40/41+ points to score league points.

This scoring system would in turn discourage teams from manipulating heats to again a tactical ride or indeed from deliberately preventing a team from using a tactical ride.

Also the heat 12 cut off point would be disbanded altogether.

* 10 point difference either 50-40 or 40-50 score

* 8 point difference either 49-41 or 41-49 score

can we go back to 0 pts for any loss?.......over the course of a season, does this system change much?