British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kingbee

Tactical Sub Rule

Indeed, the thought of not watching meetings at Eastbourne, Lakeside, Belle Vue and Leicester is just a terrible thought.. :wink:

Id quite look forward to a meeting frim Leicester if only for the novelty value!

It cant be that bad surely......

CVS/PA confirmed that if no SKY then its likely that the Double points rule will go.

We shouldn't forget that Sky have no influence on the way the EL is run !!!

• Like 1

Lets hope it's no SKY then.

Lets have no tacticals at all and let the best team win.

you don't need tacticals if the tracks are set up for racing and not to favour the home team.

Then may the best team win

This is a real shame for me because for years its always been said sky do not have any influence in the running of the sport, well this just goes to prove that they do have plenty of say, probably too much but since they have the money i guess you cant blame the promoters for selling out.

I can only hope though if sky really do have such a say they will insist on promoters making discounts as a matter of obligation when league meetings are being screened in order to attract better crowds (play offs excluded)

I'd be surprised to see it go regardless.

I would imagine most promoters are in favour of some sort of tactical ride, on the assumption that fans want closer meetings, and given that the double point rule is a cheaper option than the old tac sub rule, I think it's here to stay.

Also, with the introduction of the two junior reserves, reinstating the old tac sub rule would give them less opportunity and provide a bigger "swing" opportunity to the trailing side.

It would be easy enough to protect the reserves from being substituted. In fact it would be best if no tactical changes are allowed in any programmed reserves race.

It would be easy enough to protect the reserves from being substituted. In fact it would be best if no tactical changes are allowed in any programmed reserves race.

If they are following the Swedish/Polish route then both the races there wont be tacticals allowed in the reserve races. As it should be.

Good lord , i hope we do keep SKY.

If no sky or tv deal it will probably mean no EL

If no sky or tv deal it will probably mean no EL

Well its clear that there will be, maybe more diluted.

Even Jon Cook has said signings are subject to the TV deal going ahead.

The introduction of the academy league reserves muddies the issue but Poland have introduces a rule halving the points rate for riders on tac sub rides thus allowing an economic way for them to be reintroduced if adopted here. Those riders taking them would still earn more than if the tac sub ride didn,t exist.

Edited by tiberon

Well if they revert to the old style tac subs, hopefully it'll be at the same stages as now i.e. must be 10pts down for the first and 12pts down for the 2nd and none after heat 12.

I'd hate to see the old style 6pts down rule return, it was always so unfair on a side that had excelled itself to get a lead then see it wiped away - at least at 10 points ahead that would be less likely, and fits the purpose of 'making scores closer' and giving the losing team a chance, rather than handing a top heavy losing team an easy route to pinch an undeserved win.

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

There is a point of view that only the away team should be able to use a tactical. Home sides already have home advantage..

• Like 1

There is a point of view that only the away team should be able to use a tactical. Home sides already have home advantage..

Maybe so but life's not like that - if its a wet track for instance its the away team that usually has the advantage.

And what about an injury ravaged home team that has managed to build a 6pt lead regardless - should they then be further handicapped by seeing the under-performing away team stick in heat leaders where they fancy? I'm thinking of the old TS rule obviously and this often happened in the bad old days!

The one good thing about the modern TR is the larger gap between teams before they can be used.

Maybe so but life's not like that - if its a wet track for instance its the away team that usually has the advantage.

And what about an injury ravaged home team that has managed to build a 6pt lead regardless - should they then be further handicapped by seeing the under-performing away team stick in heat leaders where they fancy? I'm thinking of the old TS rule obviously and this often happened in the bad old days!

The one good thing about the modern TR is the larger gap between teams before they can be used.

True but the points scored may be worth twice as much.