British Speedway Forum
brewer

14 Home And Away League

having just read the bspa statement again, can anyone care to enlighten us on this one, as 12 teams indicate 11 + 11, or is there to be a split of some kind or what :unsure:

• Like 1

My fear is the doomsday scenario of, despite having declared themselves, the clubs with serious doubts (Peterborough without a buyer, Sheffield with airfence doubts and no buyer and Glasgow with a £55K black hole from last year and no sign of a miracle) don't come under starter's orders.

Leaving NINE clubs, and another instance of the big league wiping its backside with the lower strata.

Sixteen home and away, anyone?

• Like 3

What ever happened to a normal fixture list were everyone had 11 home and 11 away fixtures. It's fair and equal for everybody.

Everyone having 3 extra home and away meetings is just mental and could be very unfair on other teams as some teams could get easier matches than others which could cause someone to lose their place in the play-offs because of it which is crazy!

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 8

Could they be including the Play -offs. Top 6 bottom 6 don't think they will race each other more than once home and away in the league .

Could they be including the Play -offs. Top 6 bottom 6 don't think they will race each other more than once home and away in the league .

don't give them ideas lets just sit back and marvel at the answer when we get it

• Like 2

clearly states 14h/a regular league programme, i must admit a bit baffled on this one.

Premier League:
12 Teams: Berwick, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Ipswich, Newcastle, Plymouth, Redcar, Rye House, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Somerset, Workington.
Points limit 42.50
Extended regular league programme giving 14 home and 14 away fixtures.
Play-offs as before (for top six teams).
League Cup: Three groups of four teams
KO Cup retained as before

Edited by brewer

I would assume that the 1

clearly states 14h/a regular league programme, i must admit a bit baffled on this one.

Premier League:

12 Teams: Berwick, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Ipswich, Newcastle, Plymouth, Redcar, Rye House, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Somerset, Workington.

Points limit 42.50

Extended regular league programme giving 14 home and 14 away fixtures.

Play-offs as before (for top six teams).

League Cup: Three groups of four teams

KO Cup retained as before

I assume that the 14 matches are 3 in the league cup (it says 3 groups of 4) and 11 against all the other teams in the league.

• Like 1

I would assume that the 1

I assume that the 14 matches are 3 in the league cup (it says 3 groups of 4) and 11 against all the other teams in the league.

That sounds reasonable - but - it isn't very clear - is it?

just to disillusion everybody....I would put it like 3 LC matches, 11 League matches states 14 though ie +3 so following the worse thing ever introduced the 2nd phase my money is on something that is a bigger dogs breakfast than that. As Mr Blobby says the only fair way is 11 home & away fair and equal.

So at last the Elite gains some credibility(there is a novelty) by reinstating the missing fixtures ........so the Premier League ....I really do hope I am wrong.........

Edited by seanmuffe

just to disillusion everybody....I would put it like 3 LC matches, 11 League matches states 14 though ie +3 so following the worse thing ever introduced the 2nd phase my money is on something that is a bigger dogs breakfast than that. As Mr Blobby says the only fair way is 11 home & away fair and equal.

So at last the Elite gains some credibility(there is a novelty) by reinstating the missing fixtures ........so the Premier League ....I really do hope I am wrong.........

Surprise, Surprise. Fiasco will always be retained as long as the BSPA make it up as they go along. Its high time these decisions were put together by a more proffessional body.

Surprise, Surprise. Fiasco will always be retained as long as the BSPA make it up as they go along. Its high time these decisions were put together by a more proffessional body.

You sound as cynical as me!

My fear is the doomsday scenario of, despite having declared themselves, the clubs with serious doubts (Peterborough without a buyer, Sheffield with airfence doubts and no buyer and Glasgow with a £55K black hole from last year and no sign of a miracle) don't come under starter's orders.

Leaving NINE clubs, and another instance of the big league wiping its backside with the lower strata.

Sixteen home and away, anyone?

Sounds quite possible. Two home, two away. Terribly sad though.