British Speedway Forum
brewer

14 Home And Away League

Id prefer to see qualifiers for the 4s instead of 1 of the add on league matches.

Im sure others can think of better 'fillers' as well.

• Like 3

My fear is the doomsday scenario of, despite having declared themselves, the clubs with serious doubts (Peterborough without a buyer, Sheffield with airfence doubts and no buyer and Glasgow with a £55K black hole from last year and no sign of a miracle) don't come under starter's orders.

Leaving NINE clubs, and another instance of the big league wiping its backside with the lower strata.

Sixteen home and away, anyone?

But Peterborough aren't declared in any league yet, so If Sheffield & Glasgow don't run this would leave 10 teams the same as the elite league. Therefore you could scrap the play-offs and run home and away twice and still have the koc and league cup competitions.

I just hope the 3 extra league meetings are against opposition that clubs dont face in the league cup. I dont want to see some teams 3 times and others once. But the promoters will say more local derbies please. Ok or glasgow, as Edinburgh take quite a few, but for Ipswich, we'll get the usual 7/8 from Rye House, and hardly any from the others.

North/ south split 6 teams so 5h 5a, then drawn against 2 teams from opposite division giving another 2h 2a. 14 regular season matches. If true what a crock of ****. Imo of course

Edited by brewer

Sheffield WILL run.

If the sale is not completed (which I doubt very much) Neil would never walk away and leave it with out a sorting something out even if just a silent partner.

• Like 1

Sheffield WILL run.

If the sale is not completed (which I doubt very much) Neil would never walk away and leave it with out a sorting something out even if just a silent partner.

... and the airfence issue will be resolved, how?

North/ south split 6 teams so 5h 5a, then drawn against 2 teams from opposite division giving another 2h 2a. 14 regular season matches. If true what a crock of ****. Imo of course

I thought it was 14 home and 14 away, where does it say anything about regional split ?

Stop giving them ideas.

A really wacky idea is, bearing in mind 14 league 3 LC 1 KOC=min 18 if same system as before top six call 2 more home 18, p/o finalists 19, + LC & KOCSF's & finals suggests a lot of teams could manage 22 home matches why knock all cups/offs on head and run h & a twice... top team is PL Champions.

Trouble is not sure it would work as we are still a 4 day a week league. Cardiff GP Saturday, Pairs on a Friday, 4's & PLRC on Sundays the U21 changing to a GP system makes a dent in staging days(sure I have missed something) before we start unless you run utilising guests or NL replacements.. Imo the double up down system already has a major effect on availability and wont be improved by the inclusion of two brits in the EL however that manifests itself.

Whatever happens we are still in the doggy do.

Edited by seanmuffe

That sounds reasonable - but - it isn't very clear - is it?

It just shows you what rubbish their PR is, a one line sentence could have made it clear in the press release, but they are obviously clueless when it comes to keeping their customers informed.

It could work out a good idea. Clubs are asking for more meaningful meetings so they seam to have decided that they are doing extra 3 home 3 away. They will prob do it by distance meaning less travel and hopefully more fans traveling.

Surprise, Surprise. Fiasco will always be retained as long as the BSPA make it up as they go along. Its high time these decisions were put together by a more proffessional body.

Yes but would the Women's Institute be interested in doing this sort of thing in November.

After all there is a lot of knitting to do this time of year.

• Like 1

It could work out a good idea. Clubs are asking for more meaningful meetings so they seam to have decided that they are doing extra 3 home 3 away. They will prob do it by distance meaning less travel and hopefully more fans traveling.

but if you already race each other in a north/south group, you would then have to travel further for the extra 3.

i am assuming here if this is the case,

edinburgh, glasgow, berwick, newcastle, redcar. workington.

plymouth, somerset, rye house, ipswich, sheffield, scunthorpe.

so by what your saying on distance plymouth/somerset would meet redcar/workington, rye/ipswich v newcastle/berwick and

sheffield/scunthorpe v glasgow/edinburgh.

seems the north especially glasgow/edinburgh are getting the best deal here

I think it would be these for extra home and away fixtures

Glasgow Edinburgh Berwick Workington

Newcastle Redcar Sheffield Scunthorpe

Ipswich Somerset Plymouth Rye House

Edited by GM

So you could get the situation of 2 sides meeting in LC PL1 PL2 Koc LCF and play offs which would be about 1 in every 4 meetings.
  • Like 1

These will (patently) be the League Cup groups. Surely you don't want a straight repeat as doubled-up league fixtures as well?