British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

Elite League Draft Riders

no one has listed brady kurtz yet, thought he is supposedly coming in on a 3 (dont agree) (brit passport)

they will not have to be in the NL in 2014 - some may well have been NL as far back as 2011 and still be on the list.

Where does it say that?

Where does it say that?

The statement put out by the bspa does not but I think one of the promoters stated that it would be NL riders from previous seasons.

Think you're being more than a tad ignorant and disrespectful towards some of those "draft riders".

They could easily beat a "genuine" EL rider (or riders) on their day.

It wasn't so long ago that Josh Bates beat a former EL number 1 (Jason Doyle) on a track he'd hardly seen before.

But Doyle only had a lap to try and pass him though as he got held up by his team mate (newman) for 3 laps. before almost getting him on the line.

to be fair to Stefan's No1 fan he shouldn't have led Newman for that long either.

The statement put out by the bspa does not but I think one of the promoters stated that it would be NL riders from previous seasons.

Where does it say that?

in that place mentioned

Not sure if there have been a bit of re-thinking going on since Sunday. I have been reading all the write ups from The Elite league clubs and all of them say that the 2 reserves will be made up of the top young British riders.

Will have to wait and see or is it just the way the write ups have been worded. Would make more sense to include yound Brits from The PL and NL if you then had graded riders you would have 10 young Brits from the PL and 10 from the NL makes more sense to me.

Hope they have the same idea it would at least give all the young lads the same chance of making some headway.

• Like 1

Not sure if there have been a bit of re-thinking going on since Sunday. I have been reading all the write ups from The Elite league clubs and all of them say that the 2 reserves will be made up of the top young British riders.

Will have to wait and see or is it just the way the write ups have been worded. Would make more sense to include yound Brits from The PL and NL if you then had graded riders you would have 10 young Brits from the PL and 10 from the NL makes more sense to me.

Hope they have the same idea it would at least give all the young lads the same chance of making some headway.

Will the lads remain at 6 & 7 ALL SEASON ? If a club is lucky enough to get the Golden Reserve that everybody will be after & notches for arguments sake 10 pts a week , will he remain at reserve & take 6 rides per meeting ?

Hopefully, apart from reducing costs, giving some young Brits "runs" in teams (reserves in the prem league, unless they start banging in 8/9/10's from multiple replacement rides) seem to be cast adrift from the prem league far to often, due to the prem leagues win at all cost mentality.... Having said that, ALL UK teams want Super Reserves, who are basically far better than their averages portray..

This system will at least allow these young Brits to have a proper go, knowing they won't be sacked off if they only win the reserves race/s and blob in the others.... NO MORE RESERVE RINGERS, at least in the EL....

Edited, it posted twice!

Edited by Never to old

I agree. The list should comprise the best young British riders irrespective of where they have ridden previously or intend to do in the future,but not those who are already regular Elite riders. An agreed age limit may also be best but in the case of riders like Tully and Blackbird they should be asked to confirm if their intentions are to become GB international standard riders before being included, because if not, others with the right attitude should be given their chance.

We could see a reverse of the Martin Smolinski scenario next year. An improving young Brit, guaranteed to stay at Reserve, could be hitting 18-21 at the crucial end-of-season chase for the Play Off's.

ATB

Dave

*edit for punctuation

Edited by Gambo

We could see a reverse of the Martin Smolinski scenario next year. An improving young Brit, guaranteed to stay at Reserve, could be hitting 18-21 at the crucial end-of-season chase for the Play Off's.

That has happened in Poland.

Pawel Przedpelski went from scoring 1 point a match to getting 16 points and beating GP riders but was still reserve and probably will be this coming season at Torun.

Surely if that happens here it is the good fortune of the team that has such a young lad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ts_6lYFTAs

There are many young Brits riding in Th P/L so why would they even think of not including them from riding at reserve in the E/L. Surely all young Brtis need to be on a level playing Field. We already have a few riding in the E/L so what is going to happen to then. Will they have the money or the right skill needed to be able to run as No.4 or 5 if not then where does it leave those lads.

The list of possibilities are to endless and I am sure that no one has really given this a great deal of thought.

It is a good idea that could work if only it gives young British riders from what ever league to be able to fill the reserve position.

Hope that they have sat down since the AGM and looked at things in a proper light and one that will work out for all young British riders. Can't see it working with just 20 taken from the N/L.

So a bit more clarification in the SS this week. 20 young Brits (plus a few others) selected by Phil Morris/Neil Vatcher - a mix of NL and 'less experienced PL' riders, graded as A, B and C riders.

Clubs with assets and/or riders living close by are given preference. However if a club gets one of the better 'A' riders at 6, then they will not get one of the best 'B' or 'C'' riders at 7.

Seems fair(ish)

• Like 3

Irrespective of who goes where, I just think it's bloody fantastic that Poole have to finally track a couple of British Riders.

Fraud and The Lapdog must be spitting feathers!

• Like 1

So a bit more clarification in the SS this week. 20 young Brits (plus a few others) selected by Phil Morris/Neil Vatcher - a mix of NL and 'less experienced PL' riders, graded as A, B and C riders.

Clubs with assets and/or riders living close by are given preference. However if a club gets one of the better 'A' riders at 6, then they will not get one of the best 'B' or 'C'' riders at 7.

Seems fair(ish)

Since when has fair(ish) been part of British Speedway. Like it or not, this country is ruled by the cheque book..

Irrespective of who goes where, I just think it's bloody fantastic that Poole have to finally track a couple of British Riders.

Fraud and The Lapdog must be spitting feathers!

People like Buster must feel like pulling, what hair he has left, out by the root. He has been one of the few promoters who give the youngster the opportunity and the encouragement to progress in this sport. Some of the other clubs don't give a damn. Now we are expected to give up on these young riders, we have spent much time and money on, so they can go and ride for them other teams...... Sure sounds FAIR to me.......... :sad:

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 2