British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

No Chris Holder In 2014 In British League.

I wasn't comparing their ability and if you obviously haven't read much of this thread if you don't think Chris Holder has been criticised by some for missing the elite league next season.

I was only alluding to other posts made comparing the two, so that comment wasn't aimed at you.

I guess i haven't read all the posts then on this thread, but i am still a little surprised that some are criticising him missing out the EL in 2014.

British speedway could offer him a berth...true...but not one that appeals to him...just like Freddy and quite a few other world class riders....it wasn't that many years ago that the country to race in was the UK,now its third choice....and that is something we should all be working on trying to reverse which at this moment in time UK speedway is not placed to do.

Eh, sorry mate. As ive said before and i will say again, Chris has NOT deserted British Speedway, he is still recovering and re-abillitating from his horrific injuries at Coventry last season. He has to get himself as near as 100% fit as he posibly can. And taking into account he has Poland Sweden and the GP series, he does NOT feel he can take on another 38 fixtures in this country, so he's decided, rightly so, to give this country a miss. He is doing the right thing, but he will be back..

Yes, he could be offered a birth in this country, but it would never, be with Coventry!!!!!

Yes, he could be offered a birth in this country, but it would never, be with Coventry!!!!!

I didn't know he was capable!!

Eh, sorry mate. As ive said before and i will say again, Chris has NOT deserted British Speedway, he is still recovering and re-abillitating from his horrific injuries at Coventry last season. He has to get himself as near as 100% fit as he posibly can. And taking into account he has Poland Sweden and the GP series, he does NOT feel he can take on another 38 fixtures in this country, so he's decided, rightly so, to give this country a miss. He is doing the right thing, but he will be back..

I can't remember anyone at coventry saying they wanted him.

And can you imagine the outcry if he, as is likely, didn't start the season in top form, not from the Poole fans because we would understand the situation.

And can you imagine the outcry if he, as is likely, didn't start the season in top form, not from the Poole fans because we would understand the situation.

Yeh, but we do understand, and have to make allowances for this.

I can't remember anyone at coventry saying they wanted him.

No, and i don't recall Chris ever saying he was in love with the club, either..

I certainly don't think Chris is in love with their air fence either!!

I certainly don't think Chris is in love with their air fence either!!

Thats an understatement..

Thats an understatement..

Actually that was an 'under-airfence'!! :mad::cry:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1

Well, to be fair - Holder has deserted British speedway, because he could have chosen it ahead of Sweden & Poland - but the fact the those two countries are much better organised must have influenced his decision over which commitment to drop in order to make his comeback more easy to manage. Totally understandable, and not a criticism of the rider - but there's no need to paint it differently from the truth.

• Like 9

Well, to be fair - Holder has deserted British speedway, because he could have chosen it ahead of Sweden & Poland - but the fact the those two countries are much better organised must have influenced his decision over which commitment to drop in order to make his comeback more easy to manage. Totally understandable, and not a criticism of the rider - but there's no need to paint it differently from the truth.

Would have been less stressfull travel wise for him to ride in UK given that his UK base is close to the Poole stadium. I think the bottom line is Chris would have ridden EL for Poole but as his return to form will take time and the reduced average limit meant Poolel could not tactically accomodate both he & Darcy it was a better bet for Poole to go with Ward. Good luck to Chris on his road to a healthy recovery and form. Though Leicester looking for riders in case he changes his mind re riding in uk.....I can be allowed to dream :)

As a Coventry Bees fan who met Chris Holder with my granddaughter before the match where he had his accident, I have to say what a thoroughly nice bloke he is and I wish him well in getting back to full fitness. I would like to see him ride in the UK again, whatever team he was in.

• Like 3

As a Coventry Bees fan who met Chris Holder with my granddaughter before the match where he had his accident, I have to say what a thoroughly nice bloke he is and I wish him well in getting back to full fitness. I would like to see him ride in the UK again, whatever team he was in.

He will ride again in the UK in 2014 - just not in the EL - unless Darcy gets injured!!