British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

No Chris Holder In 2014 In British League.

Should have gone to Specsavers :wink: it definitely lifted and Chris went under it

I'm not disputing that it lifted but that was after his bike hit it at speed and the panel exploded. I was there and I had my glasses on actually. :lol:

I'm not disputing that it lifted but that was after his bike hit it at speed and the panel exploded. I was there and I had my glasses on actually. :lol:

You just weren't looking at the crash :wink:

• Like 1

Just one of many riders who have and will cut their teeth in Britain and then disappear on the continent.

Rather like my window cleaner then, climbing his ladders in all weathers just so I can have clean windows. If you saw my window cleaner the other week when he fell off his ladder you would realise that he was risking his life purely for my windows that day.

Get real, speedway riders are totally mercenary and will race for whoever offers the most cash and, to a man, do not give a stuff about entertaining anyone.

Welcome to the world of professional sport. They are interested in winning and earning money, just like you would if you were them. And in doing that, they entertain us at the same time (well not you, but the rest of us).

Even amateur sportsmen and women play to win and enjoy themselves, not entertain the few who go to watch park football, etc. whatever utopian world you have retreated into is getting smaller every day I am afraid.

Just one of many riders who have and will cut their teeth in Britain and then disappear on the continent.

Until we can afford the same salaries as Poland and Sweden, that's life pal. Maybe we should get behind the initiative to fill our league with home grown riders rather than bleat about it like many on this forum.

• Like 3

so if a rider is injured \withdrawn from meeting, a reserve cannot replace hm if a heatleader is already in that heat. seems complicated to me nail coffin etc

No. That's not correct but we'll pretend it is because it's easier to moan about the untruth than the truth. It should be easy to work out with a bit of lateral thinking, but if you can't then it will become clear when the rules are published.

No. That's not correct but we'll pretend it is because it's easier to moan about the untruth than the truth. It should be easy to work out with a bit of lateral thinking, but if you can't then it will become clear when the rules are published.

What is the rule? Are second strings operating as supplementary reserves, or are the reserves as we know them today but with a change to their programmed rides?

Apparently Matt Ford has named Gino Manzares at reserve on a 3.00 point average.

When questioned, he said: I thought NL rider meant "Not Legal".

Rubbish I know, but the best I could do, LOL!

Edited by Had Enough
  • Like 3

NOTHING wrong with air-fences in principle, on the contrary, but they still have to be fitted and maintained properly. Not saying that this was the case at Coventry but Chris Holder would no doubt argue that he had a right and an expectation for it to prevent him sustaining the injuries that he did.

Been at a couple of GPs this year when upon close examination by the Jury President and Referee the installed air-fence required considerable work before it was considered secure and effective.

Not sure that all air-fences undergo that sort of scrutiny before all domestic meetings.

A few weeks ago fans from virtually every track were united in their outrage of the disgraceful scenes played out in the Belle Vue v Poole meeting, and from you we get total silence , just the rather lame and convenient ,'I didn't watch it', the silence was deafening.

Yet a meeting you weren't at, which wasn't on Sky, just You tube clips, you seek to pass judgement. The terrific speed that Holder hit the air fence, would have tested any air fence in the world. He is hardly the first rider to go under an air fence, and no doubt he won't be the last.

Brandon is used regularly for stock car and Banger racing, so there is no way they can be permanently fixed to the track. You can hardly weld an airbag to a shale track. Like you lamely admit you have no evidence that the air fence wasn't fitted and maintained properly, yet it still didn't stop you making unfounded allegations.

Edited by houdi
  • Like 5

A few weeks ago fans from virtually every track were united in their outrage of the disgraceful scenes played out in the Belle Vue v Poole meeting, and from you we get total silence , just the rather lame and convenient ,'I didn't watch it', the silence was deafening.

Yet a meeting you weren't at, which wasn't on Sky, just You tube clips, you seek to pass judgement. The terrific speed that Holder hit the air fence, would have tested any air fence in the world. He is hardly the first rider to go under an air fence, and no doubt he won't be the last.

Brandon is used regularly for stock car and Banger racing, so there is no way they can be permanently fixed to the track. You can hardly weld an airbag to a shale track. Like you lamely admit you have no evidence that the air fence wasn't fitted and maintained properly, yet it still didn't stop you making unfounded allegations.

That says it all. Your post is very very defensive.

Phil, I have see riders go under the air fence at numerous elite league tracks over recent years.

Phil, I have see riders go under the air fence at numerous elite league tracks over recent years.

So have i, but not with these new Briggo ones, if they are D clipped properly at the back and hooked in properly at the top and a bit of shale left on the rubbers throughout the meeting with the weight of the fences, no they won't go anywhere. We have the fastest track in the country, and it hasn't happened at poole. They dissapeared into the air like there was NO air in them..

Edited by Starman2006

That says it all. Your post is very very defensive.

Air fences can be anchored from the back or from the underside (or both). If the Coventry air fence had been anchored from the underside then when the bike hit the fence it would not have risen as much as it actually did. Even allowing for the fact that the bike caused the fence to puncture, had it been secured lower down there would have been a great chance for Chris to have been saved from some, if not all of the injuries he sustained.

Air fences can be anchored from the back or from the underside (or both). If the Coventry air fence had been anchored from the underside then when the bike hit the fence it would not have risen as much as it actually did. Even allowing for the fact that the bike caused the fence to puncture, had it been secured lower down there would have been a great chance for Chris to have been saved from some, if not all of the injuries he sustained.

Thank you, see my above post..

So have i, but not with these new Briggo ones, if they are D clipped properly at the back and hooked in properly at the top and a bit of shale left on the rubbers throughout the meeting with the weight of the fences, no they won't go anywhere. We have the fastest track in the country, and it hasn't happened at poole. They dissapeared into the air like there was NO air in them..

That's one of the best jokes ever on this forum.. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 3

Fastest track in country, now thats funny

• Like 2