British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

No Chris Holder In 2014 In British League.

Fastest track in country, now thats funny

Funny, you ask Bjarne Pedersen. Of course, you all know better, don't you... Silly me, i forgot.

Edited by Starman2006

Funny, you ask Bjarne Pedersen. Of course, you all know better, don't you... Silly me, i forgot.

Just do the maths, get your calculator out and do the maths, then come back to us..no rush.

• Like 2

Just do the maths, get your calculator out and do the maths, then come back to us..no rush.

Think what your trying to say is that P'Boros was a lot bigger than ours, so that automatically makes yours faster right? Somerset is also a quick track, and thats the same size as ours give a metre. Im not going to elaborate.

NOTHING wrong with air-fences in principle, on the contrary, but they still have to be fitted and maintained properly. Not saying that this was the case at Coventry but Chris Holder would no doubt argue that he had a right and an expectation for it to prevent him sustaining the injuries that he did.

Been at a couple of GPs this year when upon close examination by the Jury President and Referee the installed air-fence required considerable work before it was considered secure and effective.

Not sure that all air-fences undergo that sort of scrutiny before all domestic meetings.

Surely Phil,Chris or any other rider should get out and check the safety equipment before they start a meeting?It is their necks on the line just like most or all employees should check equipment is properly fitted/working?Even at school we were taught to check safety guerad etc when using machinery.Riders walk round and have a look at the track,but i can't remember any of them even taking a glance at the air fence!!!

So, if the air fence at Coventry was 'incorrectly secured' - then surely Chris Holder has a financial case for loss or earnings to pursue v someone in authority / accountability at Coventry ?

Don't hear of any such issue going on - so probably not the case then !!??

Has any rider ever sought financial damages when injured after crashing into an airfence??

no.. but they will now.

Like i say,if he hasn't checked the track/air fence properly then i am not sure he or anyone has a right to claim?It is his place of work and surely he should check all safety aspects?Most people never do,but then most people who work in dangerous areas are usually trained to do so.I would say each team should have someone trained to check air fences etc

Think what your trying to say is that P'Boros was a lot bigger than ours, so that automatically makes yours faster right? Somerset is also a quick track, and thats the same size as ours give a metre. Im not going to elaborate.

No need to elaborate, just do the maths, its quite simple to do. You clearly stated Poole is the fastest track in the country, when we all know it clearly is not. For once you can back up your opinion with statistical facts, if you so desire.. :D

• Like 2

No need to elaborate, just do the maths, its quite simple to do. You clearly stated Poole is the fastest track in the country, when we all know it clearly is not. For once you can back up your opinion with statistical facts, if you so desire.. :D

And im not likely to... ;)

Poole's track is 229.1m. The track record is 56.91. So that's 21 metres per second

Swindon's track is 363 metres. The track record is 63.86. That's 22.74 metres per second.

Sheffield is 361 metres. The track record is 59.1. That's 24.43 metres per second.

Here they all come, like Noahs Ark two by two. Must be kicking out time!! :lol: Your all missing the point, but nevermind. You stick to your guns..

Here they all come, like Noahs Ark two by two. Must be kicking out time!! :lol: Your all missing the point, but nevermind. You stick to your guns..

Apologies. I thought the point was that Poole was the fastest track in the UK. My mistake. I feel embarrassed now. :oops:

• Like 5

Poole's track is 229.1m. The track record is 56.91. So that's 21 metres per second

Swindon's track is 363 metres. The track record is 63.86. That's 22.74 metres per second.

Sheffield is 361 metres. The track record is 59.1. That's 24.43 metres per second.

Poole is 299.1 metres not 229.1 metres :t:

• Like 1

The only way he is coming back is if Ward gets injured or fired (unlikely I know!!)

Or banged up.

Poole is 299.1 metres not 229.1 metres :t:

Well, it near enough for a Swindon fan, give or take a metre or 6.. i mean, even Eastie is bigger than that... :rofl:

Banning thick people from the internet would be better...

Meaning. if thats aimed at me, The topic of the thread is worse than ive put up. But perhaps you can't take a joke.. nah, thought not.

For what, having a joke.

And im not likely to... ;)

Because you can't! Bwhahahaha

I rest my case...

I rest my case...

Nevermind, you'l get over it..