Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

No Chris Holder In 2014 In British League.

Oh the arrogance. There's more to British Speedway than Poole. Just because Poole don't want him doesn't mean British speedway doesn't at done other club.

Oh the ignorance Holder doesnt want to ride in the uk next season.

His injuries were terrible hes going to do well to come back anywhere near his best and it could take a while, perhaps the lesser work load will help him to click back into gear without any danger of any type of relapse.

• Like 2

Oh the ignorance Holder doesnt want to ride in the uk next season.

I know. And ignorant you said he was not turning his back on British Speedway because Poole couldn't fit him in. i pointed out that even if Poole couldnt fit him in someone else would have done so he IS turning his back on British Speedway. Just because Poole may not have wanted him doesn't mean he's not turning his back on Poole.

What you meant was he may not be turning his back on POOLE SPEEDWAY as they'd struggle to fit him in. But you said British Speedway because down in Poole speedway starts and finishes in Poole, screw the rest.

I know. And ignorant you said he was not turning his back on British Speedway because Poole couldn't fit him in. i pointed out that even if Poole couldnt fit him in someone else would have done so he IS turning his back on British Speedway. Just because Poole may not have wanted him doesn't mean he's not turning his back on Poole.

What you meant was he may not be turning his back on POOLE SPEEDWAY as they'd struggle to fit him in. But you said British Speedway because down in Poole speedway starts and finishes in Poole, screw the rest.

I said it suited both parties, I have never said speedway starts and finishes in poole, its just your twisted perception,

he doesn't want to ride for anyone else good enough reason i think

• Like 2

He may do what Greg did and join a club late in the season if a number one gets injured. Maybe Matts idea about a shared number one spot is a good idea, if financially viable.

Can he stay in the UK if he's not working?

• Like 1

In the best interest of Speedway, of course.. ;)

As a Wolves fan, I moan about the late starts at Brandon and the M6 being shut on the way home. At least I get home. Chris Holder twatting the ArmCo reminds me why the Elite League doesn't always deserve the quality of rider that entertain us. Don't knock this guy he's a worthy World Chanmpion.

• Like 1

Don't knock this guy he's a worthy World Chanmpion.

EX World Champion ;)

Wish Chris all the best for the 2014 season and actually think he is doing the right thing as he returns from injury

No details have been released yet but I would have thought there may be a clause in place to those riders not starting the 2014 season and the averages they can return on.

With a lower points limit, top riders should increase their starting average so riders like Holder or Lindgren MAY have 5% added to make them 9.69 and 9.39 respectively.

Wouldn't have thought so.....

I'd hope not..though i'm sure the uk born partner (who may even be his wife now i dunno) and child may give them enough wiggle room to drag a few more months out of any red-tape they might come across.

Saying that, i can see him being based in Poland - doesn't he ride for Torun ? Ryan Sullivan lived quite happily in Torun for a good few years...and in light of old Kks's team going down the swannee for 2014, maybe he'll be back over there aswell.

To be fair, i couldnt give a toss - like someone said earlier..one less person waffling "yeh i'm stoked" in every spoken or written interview is good with me.