British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

No Chris Holder In 2014 In British League.

That's a disgraceful, disrespectful. Your most definitely not a Doctor.

Nice profile picture by the way...

If Holder is offered a starting place by any other EL team & refuses he should not be allowed back into the Poole team later in the year under any circumstances.

I would impose a % on a riders average should he choose to race in a foreign league at the expense of the UK. I said the same years ago when Nicholls did it. It would make them carefully consider their options before dumping on us.

Should Holder want to come back then it should now be on his last GSA plus 10%

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 1

If Holder is offered a starting place by any other EL team & refuses he should not be allowed back into the Poole team later in the year under any circumstances.

Why not?

With the prospect of being the weakest cough cough elite league in history and were sky to broadcast it next season !! Now where are those "Murder she wrote " dvd's

I have to say, your "throw-away" comments about Chris Holders injuries are disgusting to say the least....... They were career ending injuries, so not to sign up for the start of the UK season, yet still sign for his foreign clubs, is not fair, he will have to ride a restricted programme of meetings to start with, and I would NOT be surprised if he withdraws/or gets withdrawn by team managers in rhe first 4 to 8 meetings anyway with his injuries playing up...... Perhaps he's done Poole a big favour? Poole would certainly not want there no 1 or 2nd ht leader pulling up in races in the early part of the league racing season. ....

Why are they disgusting ? I haven't mocked him or wished him to be injured have i ?

I've simply pointed out what they were - They were broken bones - which will heal. However he could have had head or spinal injuries too which would have been a whole different matter.

Simple injuries! That's a disgraceful, disrespectful and incorrect comment. Your most definitely not a Doctor.

Firstly, it's up to me if i disrespect him - much in the same way it is up to any rider to flick the v's to the crowd if he wants to.

And why is it incorrect ? Has he had some other hidden injuries that aren't in the public domain you can tell me of.

And finally, when have i ever said i was a doctor ? Not sure how many doctor's would publicise the fact on a speedway forum let alone post a their profile picture of them on a drunken night out with Kelvin Tatum.

Some people on here are very precious..

I would impose a % on a riders average should he choose to race in a foreign league at the expense of the UK. I said the same years ago when Nicholls did it. It would make them carefully consider their options before dumping on us.

Should Holder want to come back then it should now be on his last GSA plus 10%

Agreed.

Why not?

Because riders should not think themselves bigger than the system. Saying you'll ride for only one club on your terms & having a promoter that will indulge you is detrimental to the other clubs. Poole could ring-fence a number of riders in this way. They did so with KK in 2012 & Matt Ford has tried to promote the squad system so he can keep Ward & Holder. How can equalisation ever work if clubs do this?

Doctor I know people close to Chris, & can assure you the injuries were very serious. Think you are out of order with a few of your posts.

• Like 5

Doctor I know people close to Chris, & can assure you the injuries were very serious. Think you are out of order with a few of your posts.

His injuries were career threatening, i thought on the night there was a possibility life threatening so for somebody to dismiss them as a pile of broken bones which will mend is very flippant and out of order.

• Like 1

Enlighten me then on what made them "very serious" if you could then ? Medically, what has been made public is classed as serious, but not life threatening.

And i really don't see how me posting a few realities is seen as out of order ?

I will repeat what i said previously - i have NOT mocked him or wished injury upon him.

His injuries were career threatening, i thought on the night there was a possibility life threatening so for somebody to dismiss them as a pile of broken bones which will mend is very flippant and out of order.

Well with respect, what you saw on the night judging them to be life threatening is neither here nor there. The fact is they weren't and i'm pleased they weren't.

I'm not dismissing his injuries as such, i really havent said that. I'm just taking the hero-worship part out of it.

Doctor, your use of language trivialised Holder's injuries!! No rider with any injury - particularly one that prevents him from racing for a period of several months - should be the butt of comments like yours!!

Also what is wrong with a bit of 'hero-worship'? He is the former World Champion after all!! And who knows may even have been again if not for the injuries?!

• Like 2

The bones were shattered, requiring plates & screws. They were career threatening injuries, & I would class that as serious. From comments made by friends who were there on the night, it was one of the worst crashes they had ever seen. I didnt say they were life threatening. Could you enlighten me why you dislike Chris so much, because he is one of the most down to earth & friendly people I have ever met.

• Like 3

Doctor, your use of language trivialised Holder's injuries!! No rider with any injury - particularly one that prevents him from racing for a period of several months - should be the butt of comments like yours!!

Also what is wrong with a bit of 'hero-worship'? He is the former World Champion after all!! And who knows may even have been again if not for the injuries?!

I used no offensive language, so i assume my referral to them being simple injuries is what you're referring to.

You're another person who is twisting my words anyway - i've made no digs or wished ill of him..

Hero-worship is fine with me as long as it doesnt twist the reality.

The bones were shattered, requiring plates & screws. They were career threatening injuries, & I would class that as serious. From comments made by friends who were there on the night, it was one of the worst crashes they had ever seen. I didnt say they were life threatening. Could you enlighten me why you dislike Chris so much, because he is one of the most down to earth & friendly people I have ever met.

The other bloke said he thought they were life threatening, hence me quoting him.

Also, could you please enlighten me as to how you can say i "dislike Chris so much" ? I've not said i hate him or anything like that have i ? Or is it simply because i'm choosing not to get involved in some kind of love-fest, by default, you assume that i hate the bloke ?

He's a rider in a sport that i follow. End of story.

In post 61 you said you disliked him. Could you explain to me why you dislike him.

Ah but i thought i disliked him so much ??

I dislike him. That's it. Do i have to name all the riders i don't like and give you a list of reasons ?

This was the x-ray of his heel :cry: Not to mention the other injuries, which rendered him wheelchair bound for months, he's still got much more recovery to do too!

Can't seem to post the right link...

Grrrr

Got it!

pic.twitter.com/juGRzFTeSb

Edited by Jacques