British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

'speedway Riders - History, Results'

There has also been a very clear statement that the site would happily accept CL/NL data if somebody else would like to collate it for them.

Where was this then..? Not anywhere on this thread..?

Frigbo said this in post #76...

Frigbo said this in post #76...

The offer has been made Parsloes. No excuses now - you had better get compiling. Otherwise - you had better keep quiet. I look forward to seeing your National League figures on the Site. :t::approve:

That is of course if the offer still stands after all you have had to say about the good folk who run the Website. :rolleyes:

WELL SPOTTED Tkdandy. :t::approve:

No i haven't, Parsloe. I said i have no interest and won't be putting any time to collating info. You want to supply them? Crack on!!

Hmm, you seriously think that's an 'offer'..?! The clue is in the words "I have no interest [in the NL]" - a sentiment expressed time & time again by those running this supposed database of riders' records.

Hmm, you seriously think that's an 'offer'..?! The clue is in the words "I have no interest [in the NL]" - a sentiment expressed time & time again by those running this supposed database of riders' records.

If you want to send me the info I'll happily add it.

• Like 2

If you want to send me the info I'll happily add it.

There you go Parsloes - over to you. :t:

Well said June01. :t::approve:

• Like 2

just seen this thread and i really can't believe what i've read!!!

someone puts a lot of time and effort into providing a website of information AT THEIR OWN COST, and still some arsehole can't be happy because it doesn't cover what THEY want ... ungrateful arsehole.

Parloes, get off your ungrateful arse and do it yourself .. you flapper-jack

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 1

someone puts a lot of time and effort into providing a website of information AT THEIR OWN COST, and still some arsehole can't be happy because it doesn't cover what THEY want ... ungrateful arsehole.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments Steve - your prose is a little colourful to say the least. :shock: :shock: ;)

just annoys me that people put their own time and effort into something, but there's always a knob to knock it down

just annoys me that people put their own time and effort into something, but there's always a knob to knock it down

Fair comment. :sad:

Actually THIS (see below) is 'fair comment'; dropping all the personal nonsense which others seem to think is necessary in a 'debate' on this Forum, THIS sums it up perfectly and captures exactly the point being made.

Leaving out details shouldn't be encouraged and all information should be admitted where possible.

Otherwise it is like a Man U fan supplying only their victories (deleting losses) in the season record, which I'm sure they would like to.

I admire anyone who wants to put a record together... but ignoring Tai Woffinden's Conference League actviity is akin to getting a shock when a big name celeb crops up on that Before They Were Famous tv show.

Tai actually dabbled a little in official competition before making it big at Wolves - and anyone new to the sport in, say, five years time will be robbed of this information... without the data available to compliment the full CV.

If compiling records is worthwhile, let's not cheat and supply only the figures we think are worthy.

Actually THIS (see below) is 'fair comment'; dropping all the personal nonsense which others seem to think is necessary in a 'debate' on this Forum, THIS sums it up perfectly and captures exactly the point being made.

Nothing personal from me Parsloes. I asked you a simple question that requires a single word answer - YES or NO. I will repeat the question in case you have forgotten it. WILL you be prepared to collate the Stats that YOU are so upset about and supply them to the Website in question?

If the answer is NO - fair enough - no need for any further debate on the subject.

The ONLY reason I asked the question is because you were getting so worked up about the omission of the National League Statistics - my solution seemed to satisfy BOTH sides of the argument.

........................................or - are you really as bothered as you make out?

I think if you were that concerned you would just do them.

• Like 2

Your language is bang out of order for this forum. I thought there were moderators to deal with this sort of thing.