British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

'speedway Riders - History, Results'

Your language is bang out of order for this forum. I thought there were moderators to deal with this sort of thing.

Chill, it's 2013.

Don't know about llanguage on here being called into question... Thamsanqa Jantjie, at Nelson Mandela’s memorial service, he needed moderating.

well, i suppose actually riding 15 meetings does give one a more informed opinion than others who have never ridden.....even if it might offend..i think this is a broad enough church...

Edited by Mike.Butler

Well some months have now gone since the poster was so offended,an offer was given and i have looked.It seems the offending riders stats haven't been updated,so i guess no other rider has CL/NL stats added.What went wrong?Did June01 recieve the relevant info but so far has not had the time to update the site? Did Parsloes and his sidekick not compile and send off any riders CL/NL details? I know gustix has had a bit of time on hands over the winter.I have recieved a number of emails telling me of his plans to restart a new rival speedway forum and that despite him telling us how speedway forums are being threatened by his new found love,Facebook!!!! What is the story behind the story?The new season is upon us and the stats will only grow if they haven't been started already.....We need to know

Well some months have now gone since the poster was so offended,an offer was given and i have looked.It seems the offending riders stats haven't been updated,so i guess no other rider has CL/NL stats added.What went wrong?Did June01 recieve the relevant info but so far has not had the time to update the site? Did Parsloes and his sidekick not compile and send off any riders CL/NL details? I know gustix has had a bit of time on hands over the winter.I have recieved a number of emails telling me of his plans to restart a new rival speedway forum and that despite him telling us how speedway forums are being threatened by his new found love,Facebook!!!! What is the story behind the story?The new season is upon us and the stats will only grow if they haven't been started already.....We need to know

Iris123 - I take on board all you say and would like to give some clarification of my involvement. So far as updating statistics is concerned - I now realise such work is completely beyond me. I have no speedway statistics or reference works to even contemplate attempting an update for riders of current NL/CL level. My criticisms there in mid-summer have now been proved as ill-founded. I now accept that the data provided is more than adequate. Certainly I am completely incapable of offering anything towards it.

You mention the 'rival forum': that was no more than an effort to facelift one that had seemingly died. The effort has not resulted in the creation of 'renewed interest' for those members who were not deleted for "lack of contact" since December 2011. It appears unlikely that interest in the venture will be rekindled and I am contemplating moving on from that venture. On the face of it, a lot of wasted time and effort on my part but even at my age one learns by mistakes, and that venture certainly appears to be in that category for me.

Facebook is indeed an outlet of interest to me. Here my association is in regard to the historical aspects of the sport and the site that I visit on a regular basis is not used to debate current speedway issues which is very essentially still the remit of a forum and looks likely to continue that way for many years to come. Close seasonwise, as you seem interested in what I have been up to, I was briefly involved with two Facebook forums covering Wimbledon and New Cross but have now quit them. I was not able to provide either with anything worthwhile either photographically or commentwise to them.

I have now come to the conclusion, and it is a matter for debate (but not further by myself), that properly used and managed Facebook and the speedway forums can both provide valid and interesting sources of information for speedway supporters. The key is being able to strike the right balance between the two.

Edited by Guest

Did June01 recieve the relevant info but so far has not had the time to update the site?

I can confirm that's a negative, troublemaker. ;)

• Like 1

I can confirm that's a negative, troublemaker. ;)

I am sure that everyone on here is just as surprised to hear this as I am :D
  • Like 2

Just a quick plug for my site, which does cover the third tier (National League Division Three and Southern Area League at the moment, but Conference / National League to come).

The aim is to cover every rider to have ever ridden in a league or knock-out cup match in Britain.

The stats do not cover the associated competitions like the League Cup etc.

www.speedwayatoz.co.uk

Just a quick plug for my site, which does cover the third tier (National League Division Three and Southern Area League at the moment, but Conference / National League to come).

The aim is to cover every rider to have ever ridden in a league or knock-out cup match in Britain.

The stats do not cover the associated competitions like the League Cup etc.

www.speedwayatoz.co.uk

I look forward to this latest venture on your part. Well done yet again.

I look forward to this latest venture on your part. Well done yet again.

Great stats, Matt. Interesting reading...

Please continue.

Lots of new stuff (and plenty of old stuff too!) on the site now, with over 9,000 records. :)

• Like 2

Lots of new stuff (and plenty of old stuff too!) on the site now, with over 9,000 records. :)

Found all the speedway stuff,but not the music.Have you got any Showaddywaddy on there?

Have you got any Showaddywaddy on there?

Really? Would have thought they were more my thing than yours. :P

Just a quick update. The site has now surpassed 10,000 records over 8 years' work. Frigbo is working on a news and events section from 1965, which I have started linking in to the rider records, and will continue over the winter when I've finished the last few meetings remaining from the 2017 season.

Steve Hone and Keith Lawson (and one or two others who have been individually credited) have been kind enough to allow us to use their photos, which we are also working into the rider records, and Frigbo is also updating the team and rider stats for the end of season averages from this year.

The plan over the close season, once all that is done, is to continue with the yearly averages from 1972 (previous seasons are done) and possibly then start indexing teams from foreign leagues.

Thanks to everyone who has joined us - it's nice to know we have your support and that there are people looking in on us from time to time - and we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

2 hours ago, June01 said:

Just a quick update. The site has now surpassed 10,000 records over 8 years' work. Frigbo is working on a news and events section from 1965, which I have started linking in to the rider records, and will continue over the winter when I've finished the last few meetings remaining from the 2017 season.

Steve Hone and Keith Lawson (and one or two others who have been individually credited) have been kind enough to allow us to use their photos, which we are also working into the rider records, and Frigbo is also updating the team and rider stats for the end of season averages from this year.

The plan over the close season, once all that is done, is to continue with the yearly averages from 1972 (previous seasons are done) and possibly then start indexing teams from foreign leagues.

Thanks to everyone who has joined us - it's nice to know we have your support and that there are people looking in on us from time to time - and we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Joined you in what?