British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

'speedway Riders - History, Results'

Parsloes is just upset that he can't get all the stats he wants off the site for his programme notes!!!!

Bottom line is someone does a lot of work putting something together and is so helful as to put it out on the net for all to see.He even states what it includes for those who are looking for comprehensive stats.You either find what you are looking for,tell the person one or two of his stats might be wrong or you go elsewhere if it doesn't include the stats you are after.Where is the problem?....oh yeah,it's Parsloes we are talking about.Along with Mr 1940s chipping in with his two penneth......Crazy stuff like this is what the BSF is all about lol

• Like 1

My brother and I did hundreds of laps around a farmers field on grasstrack bikes back in the day, not to mention the hours spent riding round our back garden on our bmxs pretending to be Steve Schofield and Martin Yeates.

I've looked and lo and behold not a single mention of it on that website. I feel snubbed and entirely undervalued.

• Like 3

My brother and I did hundreds of laps around a farmers field on grasstrack bikes back in the day, not to mention the hours spent riding round our back garden on our bmxs pretending to be Steve Schofield and Martin Yeates.

I've looked and lo and behold not a single mention of it on that website. I feel snubbed and entirely undervalued.

You would have needed a speedway team contract as well. I think you will find the site under debate is also for speedway and not for grass track only. As for your feats on broomsticks - try and get in touch with Mary Poppins - she may be able to help you!

Parsloes is just upset that he can't get all the stats he wants off the site for his programme notes!!!!

Bottom line is someone does a lot of work putting something together and is so helful as to put it out on the net for all to see.He even states what it includes for those who are looking for comprehensive stats.You either find what you are looking for,tell the person one or two of his stats might be wrong or you go elsewhere if it doesn't include the stats you are after.Where is the problem?....oh yeah,it's Parsloes we are talking about.Along with Mr 1940s chipping in with his two penneth......Crazy stuff like this is what the BSF is all about lol

It's hilarious..I must remember to pop back in when I'm bored :D

It's hilarious..I must remember to pop back in when I'm bored :D

I've got a few books on football players.None give any stats on the games they played at schoolboy level or county level even or even international youth level or for instance even FA youth cup games and certainly not games played over the park after school.........you draw the line somewhere and this person has drwan the line where his interest stops.Quite understandable and acceptable to normal people
  • Like 1

I've got a few books on football players.None give any stats on the games they played at schoolboy level or county level even or even international youth level or for instance even FA youth cup games and certainly not games played over the park after school.........you draw the line somewhere and this person has drwan the line where his interest stops.Quite understandable and acceptable to normal people

Completely wrong analogy though isn't it...?

Or are you advocating Third Division (now called League One) records are wiped out from a footballers' details..? For example for current England international, Rickie Lambert?

No matter how often people are going to make pointless remarks about playing or riding in a field, the National (formerly Conference) League is NOT some form of 'junior' racing - it's this country's third division and virtually ALL British riders riding at the highest level now (including the whole GB squad) started off in it.

People talk about trolling but the biggest problem on the BSF is ganging up and ridiculing - when people do this can they please be consistent.. So I now expect all of those on here who wholeheartedly agree to dismiss the third tier from history and laugh at those who say it deserves recognition, to desist from now on from ever commenting on the National League and any riders who come from it. After all to give the NL the time of day must be "sad" - it's been said on this thread often enough..!

What I don't get is, if it's so important to some, why don't they do their own bloody stats. Oh no! Let's just pick on and bully the guy who bothered to share his own for their benefit...!!!! :blink: Unbelievable :mad:

• Like 2

I see the fun doesn't stop. It's classic!!

• Like 3

I have website about my architecture business. Not a mention of third tier speedway. I should be ashamed.

I have website about my architecture business. Not a mention of third tier speedway. I should be ashamed.

Hmm, and that's the best 'funny' comment you could muster..?!

Don't give up the day job..!

No matter how often people are going to make pointless remarks

People talk about trolling but the biggest problem on the BSF is ganging up and ridiculing - when people do this can they please be consistent.. So I now expect all of those on here who wholeheartedly agree to dismiss the third tier from history and laugh at those who say it deserves recognition, to desist from now on from ever commenting on the National League and any riders who come from it. After all to give the NL the time of day must be "sad" - it's been said on this thread often enough..!

Pointless remarks and ridiculing Parsloes sums up your posts here and the reason you started the topic.No matter how many times it is explained to you,you still keep on going.And you still keep getting the wrong end of the stick.No-one is "dismissing" the third tier or saying it doesn't deserve recognition.Just it doesn't interest the person who compiled these stats.It is his opinion and right.Jeeez!!!!

• Like 2

What I don't get is, if it's so important to some, why don't they do their own bloody stats. Oh no! Let's just pick on and bully the guy who bothered to share his own for their benefit...!!!! :blink: Unbelievable :mad:

Creating sparate site giving stats for Third Tier speedway would not be helpful because a website has already been created giving riders career details - except when they rode in the Third Tier. To provide a site just for former Conference League and modern day National League rider would be pointless. It would be worthless as an information because it would not details of a rider's involvement at Elte League and/or Premier League level.

What is suggested is for the compiler of the website under debate to accept that there is a Third Tier of speedway and where needed insert such details into the rider data on his website.

Or to emphasise in the introduction to his site a clear statement to the effect that "details of riders competing in Third Tier speedway are not given because this website does not recognise its existence".

Edited by Guest

Or are you advocating Third Division (now called League One) records are wiped out from a footballers' details..? For example for current England international, Rickie Lambert?

No matter how often people are going to make pointless remarks about playing or riding in a field, the National (formerly Conference) League is NOT some form of 'junior' racing - it's this country's third division and virtually ALL British riders riding at the highest level now (including the whole GB squad) started off in it.

No it isn't a wrong analogy is it Parsloes or are you saying that Rickie Lambert first started playing football at Third Division(now called League One) level?.

Now you say these riders started off in the league,so maybe you could understand why someone thinks it is junior speedway.

And on another point.I would like to pick you up on this "little England" attitude.Surely no way on earth did the current world champion start in the NL at Scunthorpe.I imagine he had some speedway experience maybe in another country beforehand? Do we see you going off your rocker about not including speedway meetings in other countries?Let's get on the guys back that he hasn't included meetings in Poland and Sweden and Czecho..........

Edited by iris123

But Parsloes - nobody has suggested that the National League and it's Riders should be airbrushed from History. National League Riders DO deserve recognition (I have said many, many times that I admire anybody who throws their leg over a Speedway Bike) and they are getting it. An example of their recognition is that at least two of them will probably be in an Elite League Team next Season.

However, this Website is run by someone who has done it for his love of the Sport. The National League obviously doesn't 'float his boat' which he freely admits. At least he is honest.

A good compromise would be for you or gustix do perform the same 'labour of love' for the National League and ask frigbo if your work could be included on his Website for the benefit of other Speedway Supporters who ARE interested in the National League.

I am NOT taking the mickey here - this is a genuine suggestion in an attempt to reconcile BOTH Parties.

• Like 1