British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

'speedway Riders - History, Results'

No it isn't a wrong analogy is it Parsloes or are you saying that Rickie Lambert first started playing football at Third Division(now called League One) level?.

Er, yes. He played in the bottom two divisions for Blackpool, Macclesfield Town, Stockport County, Rochdale, Bristol Rovers and indeed his current club before moving up to the top division and his country. Well over 250 appearances in leagues outside the top two divisions...

Nice sentiments,but i imagine nothing less than a public flogging on the Buxton center green and a promise to add all the missing stats will satisfy Parsloes + Gustix.I guess they are busy contacting the military wing of the FIM at this very moment

Er, yes. He played in the bottom two divisions for Blackpool, Macclesfield Town, Stockport County, Rochdale, Bristol Rovers and indeed his current club before moving up to the top division and his country. Well over 250 appearances in leagues outside the top two divisions...

So he never played before turning professional?Amazing guy

So he never played before turning professional?Amazing guy

I think you should give up on this line iris because it's pretty feeble!!

We are talking about LEAGUE appearances. The Third & Fourth Divisions (now called League One & League Two) are recognised as part of the Football League and appearances of players in them are always counted in a professional's playing record.

Games on Kirkby Rec are not! Which was your 'point'..

But we're not talking about junior or amateur performances are we; we're talking about Speedway's Third Division: the National/Conference League. Recognised since its inception 20 years ago as one of the three official 'British Leagues'.

If people had some kind of an argument why to leave the stats out then it might be nice to hear. Making utterly spurious comments like you're doing..? Well, as I say, it is all rather feeble don't you think..!

No Parsloes.Your line of argument is as ever very feeble and pretty ridiculous.In fact there isn't anything to argue about.The guy set up a website on stats that interest him.Full stop.You choose to argue about what he should do with his spare time.But the fact is speedway has three league.That is it aprt from counting second half leagues.Football has how many league going down the line?You just count down 3 and say that is the equivalent of speedways thrid league.Absolute nonsense,but that is what we have become used to from you.Try to come to terms with the fact the guy isn't going to include the third tier in his website as he feels he has better things to do with his time.It is clear you don't,so please post a link when you are finished compiling them

Edited by iris123

As further proof people couldn't give a rubbish about NL racing outside of a few hardcore fans was that when i set up speedway-stats I said anyone interested in helping out could do so and anyone wanting to add NL results was welcome to do that too. Not one offer of help to add NL results but a handful for other leagues. As it is we all got bored anyway and Pl and EL stats have not been added for months any way.

It someones interest, a hobby, they can include what the hell they like.

It says something of speedway in general that we are sparring amongst ourselves about supplying this professional sport - which we all support - with the stats that should already be in the public domain.

• Like 1

Can't call it sparring.Parsloes got hit with a ko punch early doors,but still insists on shouting as he is being stretchered off to the ambulance,rather like the guy with no arms and legs from Monty Python lol

• Like 1

Can't call it sparring.Parsloes got hit with a ko punch early doors,but still insists on shouting as he is being stretchered off to the ambulance,rather like the guy with no arms and legs from Monty Python lol

With a bit of luck, he'll sulk off for a few months! :t:

Edited by Jacques

The most bonkers thread on here. Have you had a whack on the head Derek?

• Like 3

As further proof people couldn't give a rubbish about NL racing outside of a few hardcore fans was that when i set up speedway-stats I said anyone interested in helping out could do so and anyone wanting to add NL results was welcome to do that too. Not one offer of help to add NL results but a handful for other leagues. As it is we all got bored anyway and Pl and EL stats have not been added for months any way.

It someones interest, a hobby, they can include what the hell they like.

Even so, it should be concise and comprehensive not just selective and ignoring a section of the sport because they don't like it.

Even so, it should be concise and comprehensive not just selective and ignoring a section of the sport because they don't like it.

If someone just wanted to do EL/BL would that be wrong? Why is it not including Sweden and Poland? There has to be some point it starts and ends. I'm sure if you supply the info the authors would happily publish it.

We are talking about LEAGUE appearances. The Third & Fourth Divisions (now called League One & League Two) are recognised as part of the Football League and appearances of players in them are always counted in a professional's playing record.

But we're not talking about junior or amateur performances are we; we're talking about Speedway's Third Division: the National/Conference League. Recognised since its inception 20 years ago as one of the three official 'British Leagues'.

If people had some kind of an argument why to leave the stats out then it might be nice to hear. Making utterly spurious comments like you're doing..? Well, as I say, it is all rather feeble don't you think..!

And that is the basis of what this debate is all about. A wish for the site to be fully comprehensive not selective.

If someone just wanted to do EL/BL would that be wrong? Why is it not including Sweden and Poland? There has to be some point it starts and ends. I'm sure if you supply the info the authors would happily publish it.

The site is dedicated to British speedway so far as I can see. That's probably why Sweden, Poland and elsewhere are not included. It's certainly not an EU designated website.

Edited by Guest

And that is the basis of what this debate is all about. A wish for the site to be fully comprehensive not selective.

Don't you run a couple of selective sites?You selected the parameters that interest you,someone else has selected the parameters that interest them.

• Like 1

Tbh that is a pathetic comment and I demand its withdrawal.

The expression 'trolling' is over-used (as an insult) on this Forum but this takes it to another extreme.

There is NOTHING in my contribution to this thread which in any way constitutes 'trolling' and you frankly are a disgrace for making such a comment.

----------

What this thread has done has shown how a data-base meant to be an account of riders' careers is deliberately tampered with to wipe out whole parts of such careers. Not because it's too difficult to find the stats - but deliberately left out because of the bias of the compiler(s). Fair enough - it's up to them but something at least we now understand WHY this is the case.

So you call someone bigoted, and whinge when you re accused of trolling. Jeepers, i thought trolling was pretty polite, I've been pretty tempted to make reference to country matters.

Completely wrong analogy though isn't it...?

Or are you advocating Third Division (now called League One) records are wiped out from a footballers' details..? For example for current England international, Rickie Lambert?

No matter how often people are going to make pointless remarks about playing or riding in a field, the National (formerly Conference) League is NOT some form of 'junior' racing - it's this country's third division and virtually ALL British riders riding at the highest level now (including the whole GB squad) started off in it.

People talk about trolling but the biggest problem on the BSF is ganging up and ridiculing - when people do this can they please be consistent.. So I now expect all of those on here who wholeheartedly agree to dismiss the third tier from history and laugh at those who say it deserves recognition, to desist from now on from ever commenting on the National League and any riders who come from it. After all to give the NL the time of day must be "sad" - it's been said on this thread often enough..!

And pretty much all football players playing at higher levels have played some form of junior footbal, statistical information for hich is not freely available.

National league speedway is junior racing, to the extent that it is at best semi professional, and is clearly below the standard of top flight racing (in the same way that someone may refer to the england "senior team" or man utd "senior team" as distinct to the reserves, England A, Enndland under 20s etc.

You hinge about "ganging up" - does the fact that you are almost always in a minority f one or two tell you anything?

oh, "league" appearances. Hmm, last time i looked there as something alled the "conference LEAGUE" and a whole range of "LEAGUES" below the top four divisions.

I thought he did have an argument why he left them out - he considers it junior speeday, he doesn't have the time or interest in compliling stats. That's a pretty solid argument if you ask me.

The site is dedicated to British speedway so far as I can see. That's probably why Sweden, Poland and elsewhere are not included. It's certainly not an EU designated website.

and surely its up to the site owner to put whatever content he ats on it, not fulfil your "wishes". Have you complained to wikipedia that there is not a page for every rider who has raced national league? The BSPA for their websites failure to list comprehensive stats?

It's hardly a debate anyway is it - Parsloes is ranting and showing himself to be a sanctimonious twit (typo), and astounding and amusing everyone else with how uttely disconnected to planet earth he seems to be.

• Like 1