British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

'speedway Riders - History, Results'

I note Guest appearances are included. but what about no.8 rides? are they included? please confirm. thx

if a ride was taken.

Not from my professional experience of these matters. Just what does "promotion by exposure' mean?

well it's brought us exposure as a talking point. Thankfully most see the site for what it really is - that can only be a positive!!

Edited by frigbo

Well we all now know that a database which is meant to be of riders' racing records is completely flawed, as it misses out significant sections of their league racing careers. If that's exposure you like, then you sure got it!!

Well we all now know that a database which is meant to be of riders' racing records is completely flawed, as it misses out significant sections of their league racing careers. If that's exposure you like, then you sure got it!!

Well, half the things you've posted on here are blatantly incorrect and I haven't held it against you. Although your eyesight seems so bad that you should perhaps start to wonder if those records you keep banging on about are actually there after all, and you've just overlooked them. ;)

Edited by June01

My - but you do go on. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To quote Vic Reeves - " You wouldn't let it lie would you - you wouldn't let it lie". :oops::nono:

Edited by The White Knight

Like what exactly..?

All of these:

there is this website purporting to be a definitive record of Speedway riders' records

...putting together what is, as a result, a completely flawed data-base.

...because the site organisers are making it 100% clear on here they don't want it.

What this thread has done has shown how a data-base meant to be an account of riders' careers is deliberately tampered with to wipe out whole parts of such careers.

...the people compiling this site under discussion deliberately delete that info. from his 'record'...

And the mother of them all, from someone who was, a couple of pages back, bemoaning spurious comments made by others:

Not true actually, they've said on here they wouldn't..

That's the end of my contribution, I'm afraid, unless there are any genuine questions.

Edited by June01

well it's brought us exposure as a talking point. Thankfully most see the site for what it really is - that can only be a positive!!

Sorry but I don't see it that way at all. I agree a little with "Thankfully most see the site for what it really is -" but would add "...missing much important data about riders' background in Third Tier speedway."

P1928 gives a better clarification in regard to my own feelings about the failings of the site. It's no good trying to sweep under the carpet that important data is missing in regard to many riders.

Edited by Guest

Er, there HAVE been very clear statements on here several times by those who put together this website, that they have no interest in including third tier (CL/NL) records; and let's be honest. the proof of the pudding is, in any case, for those to see.

Deliberately leaving out (in some cases) several years of riders' league racing career is tampering with such records in my book - what would you call it..? Being selective, I suppose!

You seem to take exception to the word 'deliberately'... But you've hardly left out Tai Woffinden's CL career record by accident have you... If it wasn't 'deliberate' to miss that out, what would you call it?

Well, half the things you've posted on here are blatantly incorrect and I haven't held it against you. Although your eyesight seems so bad that you should perhaps start to wonder if those records you keep banging on about are actually there after all, and you've just overlooked them. ;)

Er, there HAVE been very clear statements on here several times by those who put together this website, that they have no interest in including third tier (CL/NL) records; and let's be honest. the proof of the pudding is, in any case, for those to see.

Deliberately leaving out (in some cases) several years of riders' league racing career is tampering with such records in my book - what would you call it..? Being selective, I suppose!

You seem to take exception to the word 'deliberately'... But you've hardly left out Tai Woffinden's CL career record by accident have you... If it wasn't 'deliberate' to miss that out, what would you call it?

Tai Woffinden and his CL record...the classic unanswered question about a Third Tier speedway career.

I can't believe that this 'discussion' is still ongoing!

There has also been a very clear statement that the site would happily accept CL/NL data if somebody else would like to collate it for them. Before they put their site together the only apparent statistics in existence were either kept privately by various statisticians or published in books that people would need to purchase if wanting the information. Taking a selfless approach those behind the history site shared FOR FREE their efforts and you're still critical of the fact that, in addition to this, they didn't spend more of THEIR FREE TIME adding CL/NL. Personally I'd love the site to be a complete picture too but I recognise the fact that it isn't presently on their agenda and nobody is apparently volunteering their own free time to address this. Would you say that your continued criticisms are more or less likely to encourage them to add it? Hardly a productive way of tackling the problem!

• Like 1

That's the end of my contribution, I'm afraid, unless there are any genuine questions.

Not a question but thanks for taking the time to put together the site, I've found my way to it a few times when looking for a bit of info on one rider or another.

I'm even more impressed that you took the time to reply to some of the bile being spewed by the OP and his trusty sidekick.

• Like 1

I reference the site quite a lot and find it useful...., However...as my lifetime reporting project has only reached 1990 (ie before the 3rd tier existed), it hasn't been an issue for me to date.

When it becomes an issue should I a) start a new thread, b. re-invoke this one to complain or c), or send personal messages askiing what the f+++ is going on? thanx in advance.

Edited by Mike.Butler

I reference the site quite a lot and find it useful...., However...as my lifetime reporting project has only reached 1990 (ie before the 3rd tier existed), it hasn't been an issue for me to date.

When it becomes an issue should I a) start a new thread, b. re-invoke this one to complain or c), or send personal messages askiing what the f+++ is going on? thanx in advance.

Does your own project - I see you refer to one - cover the 1934 National Division Two riders?

I'm afraid not gustix. My project isn't of much interest to anyone else i'm afraid. Although i do have stats coming out of my ears they only apply to meetings i have seen since 1974....sorry. keep up the good work. m