British Speedway Forum
a4poster

When Will The New Race Format Be Out & How Can Teams Name Riders When They Don't Know It?

As it is also rumoured that r/r will take immediate effect in the event of injury, then presumably each team will have to have a named Number 8, who could also cover for a reserve injury!!

Be great, just get your worst rider to pretend he's hurt and bring in the better rider .

• Like 1

this whole thread shows how crazy it is to amalgate two very different league, standards....soon to be know as the ELITIONAL LEAGUE every year something stupid,, lke changing a helmet colour to green, (or did i miss the benefit of that) always changing the points limit..by point 375!!!??? or there abouts what does B.S.P.A stand for bфддy stupid points allowance

this whole thread shows how crazy it is to amalgate two very different league, standards....soon to be know as the ELITIONAL LEAGUE every year something stupid,, lke changing a helmet colour to green, (or did i miss the benefit of that) always changing the points limit..by point 375!!!??? or there abouts what does B.S.P.A stand for bфддy stupid points allowance

Did you machine gun your keyboard?

• Like 3

Still no news of the new race format then to the speedway fans & have to guess that the promotors must know as they keep naming riders??

Still no news of the new race format then to the speedway fans & have to guess that the promotors must know as they keep naming riders??

just goes to show how much thought went in to it ,

• Like 1

To fit in with the need to save costs they are having one heat only, of sixteen laps, with 14 riders in it, then you do not need any TS,RR or GD, simples

I heard we will be having four staggered starting gates, and it will be run on a Handicap system, where the reserves will be on the front rows and so on. Darcy Ward starts a lap behind, just to give the others a chance... :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

Did someone post that the top 3 riders have to line up at 1, 3 and 5, although in any order? Or did I dream that?

Did someone post that the top 3 riders have to line up at 1, 3 and 5, although in any order? Or did I dream that?

It's all still rumours, rumours, rumours & the silence from the clowns who run the sport & said there would be a new race format is baffling.

What other sport could see riders or players signed up & the people who pay their wages are left in the dark.

Must admit that's a new one on me! But its a possible i`m sure!

Rob and Buster said it would be similar to the Swedish league format . . would anyone like to put us in the pic? ;-)

Rob and Buster said it would be similar to the Swedish league format . . would anyone like to put us in the pic? ;-)

Dont they run Heat 2 and 11 reserve heats?

Would have to look back at rest of race format but is different after heat 3 i think

Edited by stevebrum

I put it on the BSPA AGM thread in the General section last week, your highest averaged rider doesnt have to ride at 1 but your top 3 must ride 1, 3 or 5. Also you have the guest option if ANY of your top 5 are out. Drury said it at last weeks Brummies talk in.

I put it on the BSPA AGM thread in the General section last week, your highest averaged rider doesnt have to ride at 1 but your top 3 must ride 1, 3 or 5. Also you have the guest option if ANY of your top 5 are out. Drury said it at last weeks Brummies talk in.

Pity that the usual critics above don't pay more attention to what you post. Mean changing the habits of a lifetime mind.

i'm sure i read on twitter when the Kings Lynn team was announced, that if a rider in the top 5 pulls out injured during a meeting that any rider below him can take a R/R ride.

Swedish format:

1 2 v 1 2

6 7 v 6 7

3 4 v 3 4

6 5 v 5 7

2 7 v 6 4

3 4 v 1 2

1 2 v 3 4

3 4 v 5 7

6 5 v 1 2

1 7 v 6 5

6 7 v 6 7