British Speedway Forum
a4poster

When Will The New Race Format Be Out & How Can Teams Name Riders When They Don't Know It?

I'll try Dave - I'll try. :t:

It's all about the Tactical Zone WK. You're going to love it.

• Like 4

It's all about the Tactical Zone WK. You're going to love it.

Yeah right!! :rolleyes::unsure: :unsure: :lol: :lol:

Young riders improve when they ride against, and hopefully eventually beat, riders who are better than themselves.

But half of the reserves rides will NOT be against better riders, but against each other --- something which they already do frequently in the lower leagues in which they race.

If you genuinely want riders to improve, then in each of their races they should be opposing at least one second-string or heat-leader.

What we have now is a 13-heat EL match, and a 2-heat reserve match

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Young riders improve when they ride against, and hopefully eventually beat, riders who are better than themselves.

But half of the reserves rides will NOT be against better riders, but against each other --- something which they already do frequently in the lower leagues in which they race.

If you genuinely want riders to improve, then in each of their races they should be opposing at least one second-string or heat-leader.

Just my opinion.

That is what I have been arguing for some time.

Just my opinion.

I don't agree with that one bit, these guys will be racing their equivalent of the old heats 13 & 15 every heat every meeting. This is already a big enough jump for these guys at 6 & 7having 2 heats against the 2nd strings.

The 2nd string list consists of

Adam Skornicki

Daniel Nermark

Richie Worrall

Michael Palm Toft

Ryan Fisher

Kyle Howarth

Kim Nilsson

Mikkel Michelsen

Nicklas Posing

Robert Lambert

Mikkel Bech

Richard Lawson

Peter Ljung

Simon Stead

Josh Grajczonek

Vaclav milik

Simon Gustafsson

Nicolai Klindt

Ricky Wells

Jacob Thorssell

I'm a believer in the new system and can't wait to see how it develops

• Like 2

That is what I have been arguing for some time.

Please see screamers post below yours.(especially in relation to our posts above yours).

Surprised to hear that Wolverhampton are keeping Tai Woffinden at number one which means Pawlicki or Proctor will be at the tough number five position

• Like 1

Surprised to hear that Wolverhampton are keeping Tai Woffinden at number one which means Pawlicki or Proctor will be at the tough number five position

Good point, but imo a teams top rider should always be at number one..

• Like 2

The thinking for Wolves could be to protect Piotr from the pressure and expectation of having to go out and win heat 1, particularly at home as it's not really going to be home track for him this season when you consider the more experienced visitors he may face (depending on others' line-ups).

Proctor at 5 then surely. In some ways it makes sense to ride a weak heat leader there, especially away from home.