British Speedway Forum
MMX Events

Havvy's Farewell - Poole Speedway - Friday 21st March 2014

He should be grateful he has a meeting and has sufficient time to change the date anyway.

It could easily be rained off and Matt Ford is professional enough to have a re-staging date surely?

Edited by remembertheracers

He should be grateful he has a meeting and has sufficient time to change the date anyway.

It could easily be rained off and Matt Ford is professional enough to have a re-staging date surely?

True.......... But.....

A meeting he and his committee have been planning for months, only for it to be kiboshed by Sky/BSPA with only a few weeks notice.

Sponsors put in place, riders will have agreed to ride in his meeting (even if their names have not been announced yet), and a whole host of other things in the background sorted.

A rain-off cannot be avoided. This could.

• Like 3

Its not right what the Bspa have done, but why doesn't Gary move his meeting to the Sunday when the ELRC was originally scheduled for as the top riders would still be available.

Its not right what the Bspa have done, but why doesn't Gary move his meeting to the Sunday when the ELRC was originally scheduled for as the top riders would still be available.

Greyhound racing on Sundays

As i have already said, this is wrong and the Sky powers that be need to re-schedual the ELRC. Havvys meeting has been Schedualled for a long time now. So in the interest of one of our top British internationals and world champions Sky need to act and do the right thing..

Edited by Starman2006

As i have already said, this is wrong and the Sky powers that be need to re-schedual the ELRC. Havvys meeting has been Schedualled for a long time now. So in the interest of one of our top British internationals and world champions Sky need to act and do the right thing..

Here we go AGAIN!!! :shock: :shock:

Can they get ANYTHING right??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Greyhound racing on Sundays

Would cost a lot to get greyhounds not to run as Sundays are BAGS meetings.

I feel for Havvy

Sky beat a big stick as many of us know.

I would have thought there was a way round this and I am sure Matt would have tried, but the BSPA are a law unto themselves and they probably don't give a toss.

I feel for Havvy

Sky beat a big stick as many of us know.

I would have thought there was a way round this and I am sure Matt would have tried, but the BSPA are a law unto themselves and they probably don't give a toss.

They may well give a toss, as you put it. :neutral:

He who pays the Piper calls the Tune. :mad:

........................ and you were saying about my views on Television coverage. :shock:

Just saying.................................................. :P

• Like 2

Feel sorry for Havelock, but at the end of the day, No one person is bigger than the sport ! The sport needs SKY and the money they provide.

• Like 1

How often have Sky ever shown interest in covering the ELRC (now ERC)?

• Like 1

Is this date honestly the only one over the year that Sky could show the ERC.?? Whatever some may feel about Havvy, he does deserve to have a decent farewell. I don't know who has agreed to ride in his meeting that would be affected by the ERC but I'd imagine the supporters attending for him wouldn't chose the ERC in preference. I may be wrong :neutral:

Feel sorry for Havelock, but at the end of the day, No one person is bigger than the sport ! The sport needs SKY and the money they provide.

So the BSPA can continue to pour it down the drain, subsidising a failing product at the "highest" level ...

How often have Sky ever shown interest in covering the ELRC (now ERC)?

I've never understood why they not shown it prevoiusly ??