Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Sky Sports New Deal

My Star is on subscription, but since the magazine aisle is the last one I have to walk down to get to the tills in the supermarket, I always have a look at the Star, and if there's more than one left, I pick one up, pretend to have a read, and then put it back in the next place, doubling the Star's advertising space on the shelves :lol:

Got to do your bit to promote the sport haven't you?

• Like 4

FOR what it's worth, just been told SKY should confirm by Wednesday 18th and will have some VT features appearing on their Sky Sports News Channel- not sure if Flagrag can confirm, but this fits in with Phil's earlier comment too about being before Christmas. Also, Flagrag - is there any end of season review planned? :)

FOR what it's worth, just been told SKY should confirm by Wednesday 18th and will have some VT features appearing on their Sky Sports News Channel- not sure if Flagrag can confirm, but this fits in with Phil's earlier comment too about being before Christmas. Also, Flagrag - is there any end of season review planned? :)

One would have thought that if the decision to proceed with the deal is quite a fresh one, little consideration would have been given to the need for a highlights show, with the possibility of not even covering it next year. It would have been an anathema to build the sport up during a highlights show, but to end the proggie with "but we are covering next year folks."

I used to prefer a magazine but now I use my iPad for certain publications I do like it.

Thank you. Are there any features in the on-line version that you don't get in the magazine?

Not that I know of, but Philip did say there might be a few late notifications which were too late for the printed version.
  • Like 1

Not that I know of, but Philip did say there might be a few late notifications which were too late for the printed version.

IT is something we are thinking about for next year but, in fact, the online edition goes to Exact Editions as soon as the printed version is at the printers.

• Like 1

Backtracking a few pages (see what I did there :-) ) Isn't Matt Ford part of GoSpeed?

Not a chance! WTF????
  • Like 1

One would have thought that if the decision to proceed with the deal is quite a fresh one, little consideration would have been given to the need for a highlights show, with the possibility of not even covering it next year. It would have been an anathema to build the sport up during a highlights show, but to end the proggie with "but we are covering next year folks."

Talking of highlights Eurosport are showing the GP's through this month APPROVE :)

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

Talking of highlights Eurosport are showing the GP's through this month APPROVE :)

I feel a Deja Vu coming on.

Well it is Wednesday 18th Dec and I cannot see any news about this yet, stillI suppose there is still time today

Can't see why they are messing about. I think it is time now to let everyone know one way or another if we are having speedway or should I say Elite League speedway on our screens in 2014.

• Like 2

Do not think they are helping themselves. I phoned Sky to cancel the sports package some time ago, partly because it seemed at the time speedway would be dropped. If they are covering why not announce it and try not to lose more customers.

Do not think they are helping themselves. I phoned Sky to cancel the sports package some time ago, partly because it seemed at the time speedway would be dropped. If they are covering why not announce it and try not to lose more customers.

Only an idiot would buy Sky just for speedway. Plus, I doubt sky are losing any sleep because a few hundred speedway fans are dropping it.

Only an idiot would buy Sky just for speedway.

I don't think that's a reasonable statement. I've certainly heard quite a few fans say they will cancel if Sky doesn't have speedway, which is much the same thing in reverse. They are all idiots?

• Like 2