British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Sky Sports New Deal

Sky sports have agreed new deal to broadcast only next year no sponsorship on Twitter

Edited by kingbee

This has not been confirmed by sky as yet but the leak came from Matt Ford who informed the Bournemouth Echo.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Sky sports have agreed new deal to broadcast only next year no sponsorship on Twitter

Also read on Twitter it was a 5 year deal?

I think you will find that it is a 5 year deal.....whatever.....all praise to Terry Russell, as frankly without him no deal was ever in the offing. One thing I always learned in business is that you respect people who graft, and can turn a shilling simply by having the "Nuts" to never accept "No".

Well done Terrence, the whole of Speedway owes you.

Yep Ford opening his mouth when he shouldve kept it shut. 5 year broadcasting deal only on reduced terms, EL to look for a new title sponsor.

• Like 2

Yep Ford opening his mouth when he shouldve kept it shut. 5 year broadcasting deal only on reduced terms, EL to look for a new title sponsor.

Oh shut up. Yep great News, well done Mr Russell, im looking forward to it!!! :D Reduced terms, so what, less is more. It could have been Nish...

Edited by Starman2006

Oh shut up. Yep great News, well done Mr Russell, im looking forward to it!!! :D Reduced terms, so what, less is more. It could have been Nish...

Make me. Its not upto Ford or any other promoter to release details of a deal between GoSpeed and Sky. He was wrong to do it and even worse going to the press.

• Like 1

Make me. Its not upto Ford or any other promoter to release details of a deal between GoSpeed and Sky. He was wrong to do it and even worse going to the press.

Not wrong at all!! If you believe GoSpeed are the only ones in regular touch with Sky - think again!! All MF's many sponsors will be well pleased and will keep the level of their investment at a strong level!! Plus of course Poole will probably get their fair share of the televised meeting revenue, so good news all round and correct to share it asap!!! :party::D

Can we look forward to a reduction in Elite League admission prices on the strength of this announcement?

• Like 2

But its what promoters do these days ..................

edited for the 3rd time ;-)

Edited by stevebrum

But its what team managers do these days ..................

Team Manager, when was Matt a Team Manager... Wake up Mr Brum.. :rofl:

must need a nap, i even edited it because i but promoter in the first place lol

Not wrong at all!! If you believe GoSpeed are the only ones in regular touch with Sky - think again!! All MF's many sponsors will be well pleased and will keep the level of their investment at a strong level!! Plus of course Poole will probably get their fair share of the televised meeting revenue, so good news all round and correct to share it asap!!! :party::D

Of course its wrong. He shouldnt announce it before either the actual broadcaster or the governing body post a press release. Why did he feel the need to come out with it but the other promoters/clubs havent? Of course its good news but why couldnt he just wait. Nothing is official until THEY actually announce it.

Edited by woz01

But its what team managers do these days ..................

Mugged off by Starman, that's got to hurt.

• Like 4

To be honest it should have been announced by the BSPA or Sky, also if Ford wished to tell his contact at the Echo he should have ensured the source keept it under his hat until the announcement was made, then it could have been a ncie interview with Ford saying how brilliant everything is.

• Like 1