British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Sky Sports New Deal

To be honest it should have been announced by the BSPA or Sky, also if Ford wished to tell his contact at the Echo he should have ensured the source keept it under his hat until the announcement was made, then it could have been a ncie interview with Ford saying how brilliant everything is.

To be honest, i don't think Matt should be telling any Echo reporter anything, untill such time as he wants it to be released by the Echo, not splashed all over Twitter. If i told a reporter something in confidence and he plastered it all over Twitter i'd be none to pleased either..

Edited by Starman2006

Matt should of kept his mouth shut until Sky announced the news. He has made a big boo boo here and needs to do some apologising. The bottom line is you must watch what you say to reporters, they are all looking for that "exclusive'

To be honest, i don't think Matt should be telling any Echo reporter anything, untill such time as he wants it to be released by the Echo, not splashed all over Twitter. If i told a reporter something in confidence and he plastered it all over Twitter i'd be none to pleased either..

Agreed. Glad you recognise this wasn't right.

I'm very interested in Skidder1's response. He thinks ford was right in what he did. Ford you could argue suffered from misjudgement and being let down.

Skidder1 though. Seems incapable of recognising any mistakes at Poole. So will we see this time if he will accept that he was wrong?

BT sports or British Eurosport to sponsor the league or coverage all that advertising on a rival channel for a relatively small outlay

So what if matt or someone else leaked it. Sky are getting to film the speedway and show it live for nothing, They've struck a good deal for themselve, so tough if they've missed the tapes with anouncing it.

If we wait for the BSPA to find a sponsor it will be 2015 so Matt has got the ball rolling. I'm sure if it was his show he would have a sponsor lined up already.

FLAGRAG. "Never mind it's done now" is this not what about 50% of posters,on this forum complain about, non professional conduct by a promoter (if true).

BT sports or British Eurosport to sponsor the league or coverage all that advertising on a rival channel for a relatively small outlay

Good point, surely sky wouldn't be that daft to miss that in a contract.

British Superbikes do not get paid for their coverage, their coverage is provided LIVE free of charge to enable teams/riders to gain sponsorship, riders/teams forgoe prize money in order to have the TV deal in place, as its more valuable to them.

So what if matt or someone else leaked it. Sky are getting to film the speedway and show it live for nothing, They've struck a good deal for themselve, so tough if they've missed the tapes with anouncing it.

If we wait for the BSPA to find a sponsor it will be 2015 so Matt has got the ball rolling. I'm sure if it was his show he would have a sponsor lined up already.

Of course he would and when rain threatened a meeting one wave of his mighty hand and the clouds would part and glory would shine all around, injured riders would be touched and told "Pick up thy bike and ride on for your injuries are cured my son" And the speedway world would stand in awe at his mighty benevolence.

• Like 1

if sky are not paying for the rights i would far rather it go to eurosport as it would be available to a larger audiance and i think there gp production from 2013 was far better than skys in previous years

if sky are not paying for the rights i would far rather it go to eurosport as it would be available to a larger audiance and i think there gp production from 2013 was far better than skys in previous years

OMG

THINK you can set assured that Sky aren't getting it for nothing.

And, as has been pointed out numerous times on this forum, TV production at GP meetings is handled by BSI and passed onto the broadcasters whether that be Sky or British Eurosport.