British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Matt Ford Already Planning To Fiddle Reserve Berths?

I'm no Poole fan but surely all he is saying is that if Smart is going to miss lots of meetings then he can pick one of the 3 riders not drafted yesterday?? Pretty sure these riders were low down in the draft rankings so not exactly sure what he is doing wrong??

if he thought Smart was going to miss meetings why did he Pick him ? because he is the Ultimate cheat and there is some plan that's why

• Like 7

The Robert Lambert idea must be wide of the mark.....he was one of the seven from the original reserve draft list who couldn't / wouldn't commit to the conditions laid down and as such those riders can't be considered until next year if they are still eligible. Otherwise the draft would have to be staged all over again to be fair to all.

• Like 1

I think he's just said that to piss people off on here.

Shows a real talent for doing it as well

We all know there is some plan here. Bet you Smart rides no more than 3 meetings and Holder will be in at some point. The man had the cheek to blast Coventry then pulls this stunt. People wonder why Poole are disliked

• Like 3

Would have thought R.Lambert could only replace Newman both being in the top grade of the riders .. I presume Lambert will be available after his birthday when he is old enough to ride..Then watch the scramble for his signature,,Who has the biggest cheque book,???

Lambert as a top grade rider?? I doubt it. And why should he be? the lad is still only 15!!

I don't think there is any doubting the answer to that question, hence the suspicion that Robert Lambert will be smuggled into the Poole line-up as soon as he comes of age :wink:

C`mon, we are all thinking it.

Wont be a major surprise if Lambert suddenly ends up at Poole in the Spring.

I don't think there is any doubting the answer to that question, hence the suspicion that Robert Lambert will be smuggled into the Poole line-up as soon as he comes of age :wink:

Not long to wait after the start of the season- 16 on the 5th April.

If its a true draft system a rider who turns 16 mid season would not be eligible to ride at 6 or 7 until 2015. They could however be signed in someones 1-5.

• Like 2

Lambert as a top grade rider?? I doubt it. And why should he be? the lad is still only 15!!

I suggest you have a look at his NL average and compare it to most of the others on the draft list!

I suggest you have a look at his NL average and compare it to most of the others on the draft list!

Im aware the lad is a natural talent, but i think its unfair on him to be listed as an A grade rider!

Of course tho whoever signs him as a B grade later in the year will have one foot in the play offs (So Poole it is id imagine!)

Edited by stevebrum

I'm no Poole fan but surely all he is saying is that if Smart is going to miss lots of meetings then he can pick one of the 3 riders not drafted yesterday?? Pretty sure these riders were low down in the draft rankings so not exactly sure what he is doing wrong??

getting out of bed. :lol:

The Robert Lambert idea must be wide of the mark.....he was one of the seven from the original reserve draft list who couldn't / wouldn't commit to the conditions laid down and as such those riders can't be considered until next year if they are still eligible. Otherwise the draft would have to be staged all over again to be fair to all.

In case anybody is unclear, Robert Lambert is Number 14 on the list. This means he will be eligible to replace all Number 6's, but more importantly three Number 7's, Jacobs, Simon Lambert and the man, one position ahead of him in the list (at 13), and whose new promoter has within 24 hours of acquiring him looked to replace him, Lee Smart.

Ford knows this. Not saying Lambert is interested, but Ford is hence his pick and immediate press release to prevent his supporters getting too attached to Smart (he read this forum and saw what was happening). Smart is simply a pawn in all of this.

• Like 1

Surely 'the Hobbit' wouldn't start the blatant cheating before 2013 has even finished..

He can't get much lower... :rofl:

In case anybody is unclear, Robert Lambert is Number 14 on the list. This means he will be eligible to replace all Number 6's, but more importantly three Number 7's, Jacobs, Simon Lambert and the man, one position ahead of him in the list (at 13), and whose new promoter has within 24 hours of acquiring him looked to replace him, Lee Smart.

Ford knows this. Not saying Lambert is interested, but Ford is hence his pick and immediate press release to prevent his supporters getting too attached to Smart (he read this forum and saw what was happening). Smart is simply a pawn in all of this.

Robert Lambert DID NOT appear in the draft list - http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.23327

• Like 1

There must be a possibility that Lambert will be in Kings Lynn's 1-5, so people might be a bit quick to think its Lambert. If I was Buster & the lad was interested, I would put him in to ensure he becomes an asset. Would also mean the other 4 riders in the top 5 would be very strong.

• Like 1

Robert Lambert DID NOT appear in the draft list - http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.23327

I didn't mean the draft list; I mean the list that will be used in 2014 for all EL reserves. In my opinion Robert Lambert slots in at Number 14, although everybody may slide down as other riders with a previous PL average (e.g. Charles Wright) slot in above him. Unless they introduce a special "he's too good rule" I don't see where else he fits.

He could of course be ruled ineligible for a 2014 reserve berth based on Steve Evans comment that he was to young for the draft.

There must be a possibility that Lambert will be in Kings Lynn's 1-5, so people might be a bit quick to think its Lambert. If I was Buster & the lad was interested, I would put him in to ensure he becomes an asset. Would also mean the other 4 riders in the top 5 would be very strong.

I actually suspect Robert Lambert would prefer a 1-5 position if the reserve heat formats are as suggested. Riding at second string he still gets to meet the reserves, but more importantly challenges himself against the big boys. His career to date suggests he want's the challenge. It also enables him to negotiate a contract rather than the fixed agreement for all reserves.

• Like 1