British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Matt Ford Already Planning To Fiddle Reserve Berths?

As we speak the evil Matt has Emil and Gollob's applications for British passports in process. They will be the 6 and 7 this year for Poole. Yes, you heard it here first cos I just made it up.

• Like 3

All the reserves have signed up to a £40 a point contract, Lambert won't do that... case closed.

All the reserves have signed up to a £40 a point contract, Lambert won't do that... case closed.

Agreed.

But x thousands sponsorship per meeting?

Don't believe the BSPA have jurisdiction over that, which defeats the whole object.

Regardless of Lambert, I see riders dropping out because of the money, where as others are reaping the extra's. The worry then is actually having two British reserves available for each team, each match. The number of possible riders is already quite low; I think it is bordering on dangerous to use really inexperienced NL riders on low NL averages.

• Like 3

Lambert declined the opportunity to be on the list! If you read his tweets today he might not even bother with UK, big ego that boy!

As for Matt Ford, think you'll find he's keen on a young Aussie becoming British! A great business brain a bit like Karen Brady, depends if he skurtz round the rules!

• Like 2

yes his tweets are quite funny, didn't realise he was already world champ

All this moaning & whinging about something that has not happened yet. A wheel has not turned & nobody is giving this new system a chance.I think it maybe time to put up & shut up & come back on here at the end of the season and say i told you so.I will be happy to eat any humble pie if your all right

If you read his tweets today he might not even bother with UK, big ego that boy!

Can't be doing with big egos!! Even Batchelor isn't that bad! ;) Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

£40 ON the books. 'Cash in hand' back-handers OFF the books.

Seriously, what world do you live in pal?

Lambert declined the opportunity to be on the list! If you read his tweets today he might not even bother with UK, big ego that boy!

As for Matt Ford, think you'll find he's keen on a young Aussie becoming British! A great business brain a bit like Karen Brady, depends if he skurtz round the rules!

What's his twitter account name?

Apparently the main reason he wasn't in the draft was his continued racing in Germany on Sundays, which presumably contravened one of the conditions laid down. Perhaps he is already committed to riding in one of their national championship meetings?

Dont see what he said thats so bad?? He said he didnt want to ride here because the promters / BSPA are s**t. Hes got a point

Why would Robert Lambert agree to that point money when he knows damn well he can get treble it (at least) when he turns 16. The kid is a hot property, he is good enough to go straight on the top 5.

• Like 1

signing a contract for £40 a point does not mean he can't have "sponsors" , case re-opened !

• Like 1

Pointless topic.

If Poole want to replace Smart it will have to be from the original list of 23 riders. Lambert will not replace him, he was offered the opportunity to be part of the group of 30 riders but turned it down thus he shouldn't be allowed any rides as part of the system.

Holder also won't ride mainly because he would have to commit to riding for Team GB for 5 years which he isn't going to do.

What I expect to happen during the course of the season is for the list of 23 riders to expand to take account of injuries and loss of form, but it will do so for young GB riders who were not offered the opportunity at the start of the season (i.e. those riders that would have been ranked 30-40 on the original list).

come on guys & gals...as much as you might hate to think it (maybe even deny it) Matt Ford has done nothing wrong on this subject. Mores to the point he has been interviewed in the local press and created a story to read which covers a matter that impacts on his team and putr the new concept into th epublic domian. This is the job of any promoter and so cudos to him for doing just that.