British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Early Predictions

I know some teams are not completed yet but this is a pre xmas prediction.

1. Kings Lynn

2. Swindon

3. Belle Vue

4. Poole (by hook or crook they will get in!)

5. Coventry

6. Eastbourne

7. Lakeside

8. Birmingham

9. Wolves

10. Leicester

Just for fun!

• Like 1

All teams have good and bad sides to them but it is the team that finishes the season strong that counts.

Belle Vue look the best team in my opinion and if the fifth rider can get a few points they should be hard to beat as should Eastbourne and Lakeside. The new format may however suit a top heavy team that has reasonable second strings and the two obvious ones in that category are Kings Lynn and Poole and both have at least one very good reserve.

Leicester may not have the big hitting number one but they are signing a top five that can all score just as Birmingham are doing. Swindon have to be completed but they have a good young team with two good heat leaders. Wolves look to be one of the weakest teams despite having the world champion but they will be the youngest team on show and have potential in all riders and a highly sought after new rider.

If I had to nominate the top two now I would go with Belle Vue and Poole

Early prediction - For most teams the league season will start in March, but for KL it will not start til after 6th April!! :D

Early prediction 2 : league season for Poole won't start until April either as the boy wonder will be riding in the NZ SGP

• Like 1

Cant see Coventry being 5th they look to have a very good side aswell as the strongest reserve IMO

• Like 3

Darcy's due back in February and will ride in Havvy's Farewell on March 21st, so expect a couple of league meetings before the NZ GP! :t:

Edited by Skidder1

The EL is too difficult to predict next year, I can see it being close from top to bottom.

Darcy's due back in February and will ride in Havvy's Farewell on March 21st, so expect a couple of league meetings before the NZ GP! :t:

Think he is going to be in the Banks's Olympique at Monmore Green on March 17th along with Tai Woffinden making his first appearance at Monmore since winning the title, Fast Freddie making a rare appearance in England after 10 solid years and PK swinging a move even in his mid 40's. .. Think a few may want to ride in this before the GP in New Zealand and will be a tough debut for Piotr Pawlicki and Joe Jacobs.

PREDICTIONS; Can't really say who will finish where as teams change during the season but here is my view on teams.

BELLE VUE; Possibly the team I think will be the team to beat although the bottom three are a bit suspect. Matej Zagar is as god a numbe one as anywhere while Craig Cook looks like he could be easily an 8+ rider but would have liked him to have moved into full time EL and rode abroad instead of riding in the PL.

Scott Nicholls i a great person to have around and will help the lower order. He is better than hi average suggests in my opinion while Richie Worrall looks like following Craig Cook from Moto X to Speedway Star. The last place could be key but if they manage to get Ashley Birks, Tyson Burmeister or Lukasz Sowka then they could get a 4+ rider at least. At reserve is a bit unknown to me but Nielsen looks decent.

BIRMINGHAM; Depends which way they go with the last two signings. Personally I think Adam Skornicki and Daniel Nermark would be ideal to form a solid top five. King, Barker and Kennett can in races ..... but also lose them but together they should be another solid line up while Paul Starke looks like a top reserve.

May not be as formidable as last season as they dont have a 5 point rider that will develop into a GP rider but they will be hard to beat on their day and won't have many last places.

COVENTRY; Looked impressive when they jumped out the starting blocks and named an impressive line up. However other tams have in my oinion bettered that and althogh it's still a good line up, they may fall a little short. Andersen is a class team man and number one while Bomber is better than a sub seven average. Hansen I'm not too keen on but he certainly seems to go well at Brandon while Fisher is a rider that will score points.

With some imporessive line ups, I'm not sure if Howarth will be as strong as Garrity while Sarjeant may struggle. Not a bad team but not a top four team in my opinion.

EASTBOURNE; Not a big fan of Bjarne or Joonas but Eastbourne have a team that should work well together and if anyone wins at Arlington it will be in the raffle at half time. Woodward is Mr Eastbourne while Michelsen is one hell of a rider to have on 5.00. Personally would have liked Gustafsson but Nilsson seems to be the choice of those that saw themlast season so he must be worth his place.

Lewis Blackbird is one of the best reserves and will get a lot of points at reserve making Eagles a eal contender for the play offs.

KINGS LYNN; Are they the team to beat ? ...... Great top three which should be good for 30 points a meeting and the reserves should be good for at least 8 but will Lambert and Porsing be good enough for 8 also ? .... Think they will be up there challenging but ot sure if they will lift the title.

LAKESIDE; Great experience in PK an Watt leading the team while Bridger can be a match winner on his day. The key will be Mikkel Bech who should be pushing for a heat leader role and add at least a point, possibly two on his average. Lawson did well last season and should do so again while Adam Ellis looks a great little rider for the future.

Not sure if they are strong enough, it depends if Watt can still be a heat leader or how much Bech improves.

LEICESTER; No big hitters but like Eastbourne they are build with strength in depth. If their final signing can be a good scorer, any of the top five could wear the #1 race jacket by September and they shouldn't have many last places. Could be a hard team to beat but not sure if they have the strength at reserve to make them contenders.

POOLE; Darcy is a great #1 and Pawlicki and Magic are solid back up heat leaders. Josh can get points and their last signing should be about the same also. Newman is a good reserve and Poole may make a few changes during the season to make them certain play off contenders.

SWINDON; Solid and powerful top two in Killer and Batch but do they have the back up ? Morris is a rider on the up and Gustafsson should be a 6+ rider at least. After that I'm not convinced on the tail end and think they may just miss out.

WOLVES; Bags of talent and potential but a serious lack of experience ! Gret to have the World Champion at #1 and Pawlicki is one hell of a prospect and shouldreach his assessed average. There is pressure on Proctor as third heat leader and Wells needs to get back to his 2012 form but in Thorssell Wolves have another great talent.

At reserve Wolves have a good pairing like Kings Lynn and this team shouldn't be written off as they could be the dark horses. Possibly play off contenders if they settle in quickly and avoid injuries.

PLAY OFF TEAMS; Going for Belle Vue, Eastbourne, Kings Lynn and Poole

Think he is going to be in the Banks's Olympique at Monmore Green on March 17th along with Tai Woffinden making his first appearance at Monmore since winning the title, Fast Freddie making a rare appearance in England after 10 solid years and PK swinging a move even in his mid 40's. .. Think a few may want to ride in this before the GP in New Zealand and will be a tough debut for Piotr Pawlicki and Joe Jacobs.

PREDICTIONS; Can't really say who will finish where as teams change during the season but here is my view on teams.

BELLE VUE; Possibly the team I think will be the team to beat although the bottom three are a bit suspect. Matej Zagar is as god a numbe one as anywhere while Craig Cook looks like he could be easily an 8+ rider but would have liked him to have moved into full time EL and rode abroad instead of riding in the PL.

Scott Nicholls i a great person to have around and will help the lower order. He is better than hi average suggests in my opinion while Richie Worrall looks like following Craig Cook from Moto X to Speedway Star. The last place could be key but if they manage to get Ashley Birks, Tyson Burmeister or Lukasz Sowka then they could get a 4+ rider at least. At reserve is a bit unknown to me but Nielsen looks decent.

BIRMINGHAM; Depends which way they go with the last two signings. Personally I think Adam Skornicki and Daniel Nermark would be ideal to form a solid top five. King, Barker and Kennett can in races ..... but also lose them but together they should be another solid line up while Paul Starke looks like a top reserve.

May not be as formidable as last season as they dont have a 5 point rider that will develop into a GP rider but they will be hard to beat on their day and won't have many last places.

COVENTRY; Looked impressive when they jumped out the starting blocks and named an impressive line up. However other tams have in my oinion bettered that and althogh it's still a good line up, they may fall a little short. Andersen is a class team man and number one while Bomber is better than a sub seven average. Hansen I'm not too keen on but he certainly seems to go well at Brandon while Fisher is a rider that will score points.

With some imporessive line ups, I'm not sure if Howarth will be as strong as Garrity while Sarjeant may struggle. Not a bad team but not a top four team in my opinion.

EASTBOURNE; Not a big fan of Bjarne or Joonas but Eastbourne have a team that should work well together and if anyone wins at Arlington it will be in the raffle at half time. Woodward is Mr Eastbourne while Michelsen is one hell of a rider to have on 5.00. Personally would have liked Gustafsson but Nilsson seems to be the choice of those that saw themlast season so he must be worth his place.

Lewis Blackbird is one of the best reserves and will get a lot of points at reserve making Eagles a eal contender for the play offs.

KINGS LYNN; Are they the team to beat ? ...... Great top three which should be good for 30 points a meeting and the reserves should be good for at least 8 but will Lambert and Porsing be good enough for 8 also ? .... Think they will be up there challenging but ot sure if they will lift the title.

LAKESIDE; Great experience in PK an Watt leading the team while Bridger can be a match winner on his day. The key will be Mikkel Bech who should be pushing for a heat leader role and add at least a point, possibly two on his average. Lawson did well last season and should do so again while Adam Ellis looks a great little rider for the future.

Not sure if they are strong enough, it depends if Watt can still be a heat leader or how much Bech improves.

LEICESTER; No big hitters but like Eastbourne they are build with strength in depth. If their final signing can be a good scorer, any of the top five could wear the #1 race jacket by September and they shouldn't have many last places. Could be a hard team to beat but not sure if they have the strength at reserve to make them contenders.

POOLE; Darcy is a great #1 and Pawlicki and Magic are solid back up heat leaders. Josh can get points and their last signing should be about the same also. Newman is a good reserve and Poole may make a few changes during the season to make them certain play off contenders.

SWINDON; Solid and powerful top two in Killer and Batch but do they have the back up ? Morris is a rider on the up and Gustafsson should be a 6+ rider at least. After that I'm not convinced on the tail end and think they may just miss out.

WOLVES; Bags of talent and potential but a serious lack of experience ! Gret to have the World Champion at #1 and Pawlicki is one hell of a prospect and shouldreach his assessed average. There is pressure on Proctor as third heat leader and Wells needs to get back to his 2012 form but in Thorssell Wolves have another great talent.

At reserve Wolves have a good pairing like Kings Lynn and this team shouldn't be written off as they could be the dark horses. Possibly play off contenders if they settle in quickly and avoid injuries.

PLAY OFF TEAMS; Going for Belle Vue, Eastbourne, Kings Lynn and Poole

Craig Cook will have a problem if the refs do their job properly & pull him up for rolling at the starts.

Craig Cook will have a problem if the refs do their job properly & pull him up for rolling at the starts

That old chestnut! :rofl:

I will just predict the top 4,

Belle Vue

Impressive top 4 but a little worried who the 5th will be. Will still have enough to comfortably make the play offs

Kings Lynn

I think they will start slowly but then pick up when Lambert and Porsing get used to EL racing, having a feeling they will peak come play off time

Poole

If they sign Shamek then Poole should make play offs again, Newman as a reserve could be big for Poole and will be interesting to see how Josh handles being inthe 1-5

Coventry

Rock solid top 5 and have probably the best reserve pairing. Howarth signed as a 4 pointer but was averaging 6 for Swindon was an astute signing. A team that looks like it can pick up points away from home which can be key.

Im probably miles out but hey ho.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Craig Cook will have a problem if the refs do their job properly & pull him up for rolling at the starts.

Well they haven't pulled up Hans Andersen and he's been doing it for years.

• Like 1

Well they haven't pulled up Hans Andersen and he's been doing it for years.

You took the words right out of my keyboard! ;)

• Like 1