British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Early Predictions

I dont think its that simple to weight averages. Youd need to do some sort of calculation around meetings ridden as a second string. But then wgat about riders whose rolling average includes rides last season at reserve. Heat leaders who have appeared in most heat 15s compared to those who dont?

Anyway rules for the season are out and no refrrence to weighting averages, arguabky too late now to try to introduce such a rule?

In that case its an open invitation to bring better riders in for second strings with inflated averages, which IMO will be an absolute nonsense.

• Like 1

I think Lambert and Porsing will probably struggle a little early on, particularly away from home. I see then improving greatly as the season goes on though, and they will hopefully peak for the Play Offs.

I don't know why people think porsing will struggle he has plenty of ability (you can see he'll make it ) and no doubt will be more prepared machine wise / and mentally prepared this coming season , I was hoping he was going to d-up with panthers ,in my eyes he'll make a mockery of his starting average ,

• Like 1

In that case its an open invitation to bring better riders in for second strings with inflated averages, which IMO will be an absolute nonsense.

This was always my contention when the protected format was first mentioned. Come July / Aug, the top riders will see their MA drop or stagnate, whereas 2nd string will see their MA soar to unbelievable levels.

So when the teams plan squads for next year, the 2nd strings MA will be too high and they will be out of a job, and squads will be made up with HL on ridiculous low averages....

Another issue, is those top riders, not competing in the Elite this year, will have CMA so high no one will want them........

Make it that all teams keep the same 7 riders all season a part from if a rider gets injured long term that way it will be who got it right when putting the team together at the start of the season.

This was always my contention when the protected format was first mentioned. Come July / Aug, the top riders will see their MA drop or stagnate, whereas 2nd string will see their MA soar to unbelievable levels.

So when the teams plan squads for next year, the 2nd strings MA will be too high and they will be out of a job, and squads will be made up with HL on ridiculous low averages....

Another issue, is those top riders, not competing in the Elite this year, will have CMA so high no one will want them........

But it will be the same for ALL teams, so whether it happens or not, ALL teams will have the same opportunity!!

As far as next season is concerned, that depends on what the team building average is for 2015?!

Edited by Skidder1

But it will be the same for ALL teams, so whether it happens or not, ALL teams will have the same opportunity!!

As far as next season is concerned, that depends on what the team building average is for 2015?!

But that doesn't make it right, or good or a benefit for the sport. We talk about the lost supporters and the lack of new fans, but we need continuality of teams and rules set in stone. Changing them each year is not the way to go about it.

I don't know why people think porsing will struggle he has plenty of ability (you can see he'll make it ) and no doubt will be more prepared machine wise / and mentally prepared this coming season , I was hoping he was going to d-up with panthers ,in my eyes he'll make a mockery of his starting average ,

I think you are right but I see the four younger members of the side developing throughout the season, and Lynn fans shouldn't panic if we get off to a slow start.

This season definitely looks wide open and plenty of different predictions here. A lot of it will come down to injuries I imagine.. I think the Bees have the strongest side on paper although I know very little about Hansen. Can't see Poole doing the business again nor Swindon at least not in the league proper but the POs are unpredictable at this stage of the year . Kings Lynn look top heavy. Def not contesting for playoff - Eastbourne, Leicester, Birmingham

1. Coventry

2. Belle Vue

3. Kings Lynn

4. Poole

5. Wolves

6. Lakeside

7. Swindon

8. Leicester

9. Eastbourne

10. Birmingham

Craig Cook to excel

This season definitely looks wide open and plenty of different predictions here. A lot of it will come down to injuries I imagine.. I think the Bees have the strongest side on paper although I know very little about Hansen. Can't see Poole doing the business again nor Swindon at least not in the league proper but the POs are unpredictable at this stage of the year . Kings Lynn look top heavy. Def not contesting for playoff - Eastbourne, Leicester, Birmingham

1. Coventry

2. Belle Vue

3. Kings Lynn

4. Poole

5. Wolves

6. Lakeside

7. Swindon

8. Leicester

9. Eastbourne

10. Birmingham

Craig Cook to excel

You are having a laugh as Poole will be in the final with their line up & Belle Vue will do well if the "Rolling King" Craig Cook is allowed to get away with it.

Think it was always going to be key to any team to have good reserves as they could be picking up some decent scores while more accomplished riders could be struggling in the new format.

At first I thought the second strings were also going to be key figures but the more I look at the format, the more I see a team with three big hitters as being the most likely to do well as even lower ranked second strings can still get a few points. So Poole, Belle Vue and Kings Lynn do seem the most likely to be at the top of the table in my opinion.

Teams that are more well balanced will still have their day every now and again, but I can't see Darcy, Magic and Shamek dropping many points at home and well capable of big scores away. It would have been interesting what Poole would have been like with Darcy, Holder and Magic with two lesser known riders as second strings. Would they be stronger ?

Chances are NO ..... You still need second strings that will score points and Grajzonek and especially Milik look very strong as second strings so POOLE are my tip as being the team to beat.

1 - POOLE

2 - Belle Vue

3 - Kings Lynn

4 - 10 any of the rest could feature in any position and can't work out if my team, Wolves will be in the mix or off the pace.

Would certainly see a line up of Tai Woffinden, Fredrik Lindgren, Piotr Pawlicki, Sam Masters and a 3.00 rider along with the reserves as being stronger and more reliable, but have faith in Ty, Ricky and Jacob who all deserve their places in the team and could be dark horses.

My two for a top four finish, Poole & Wolves, and Two for a Bottom of the table battle, Leicester & Brummies.