British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Early Predictions

I reckon Eastbourne will be spoilers blu.....I say it every year, they will be very difficult to take points off at home, and have the potential with their young Dane to steal the odd win away from home. They normally do ok at Swindon too! :o

Belle Vue IMO will be mid table, don't see why they are stand out at all....

For me, they have an out and out #1, Zagar, and two other heatleaders, Nicholls and Cook. Worrall should improve significantly in a wakened league and therefore only a calamitous final signing will prevent them for being genuine contenders.

Will be easier to tell once all teams are formed but looking at teams so far I would predict (bearing in mind most years I get it wrong lol)

1. Belle Vue

2. King's Lynn

3. Swindon

4. Poole

5. Coventry

6. Eastbourne

7. Leicester

8. Lakeside

9. Wolves

10. Birmingham

Only seven spots left to fill so here goes:

Top four in no particular order will IMO be

Swindon

Belle Vue

Lynn

Poole

and after that in order

Coventry

Eastbourne

Lakeside

Wolves

Brum

Leicester

1. Kings Lynn

2. Belle Vue

3. Poole

4. Coventry

5.Swindon

6.Eastbourne

7.Lakeside

8.Wolves

9.Leicester

10. Birmingham

I fancy a top 4 of

Eastie

Belle Vue

Kings Lynn

Coventry

Poole could go close to making the top 4. Depends if Ward can get over his love sickness without Holder there

I am another's who can't see why Belle Vue are so rated. One heat leader in Zagar. Nichols has had his best days. Cook is not a heat leader, especially away from home.

Mid table team to me. I will make my predictions once all teams are complete though.

• Like 2

Harder to predict this year as I am not sure how the new format will pan out . Kings Lynn look standout and Poole are putting a decent side together . Belle Vue always don't do as well as there side looks and people are rateing them to highly as they are Forgetting that Scott Nicholls is not the rider he once was .

Wolves look poor but as others have pointed out they did last year .

Edited by orion

I personally think its too early to call, injuries will play a major part in the quest for the play-offs, as will rain offs, and matches ridden in poor conditions as that can be a great leveller....

I would like to see some consistency in the way meetings are approached when poor weather is around, some tracks try and pull all the stops out to get racing on and some cancel at the slightest signs of rain in the weather forecast, so as not to have to compete in less than perfect conditions..

If we have a poor season weather wise, then the teams that perform better at the end of the season will have a double sided sword, as they may well have to race in a higher proportion of meetings at the business end due to fixture backlogs due to the aforementioned weather related rain offs...

I hope Leicester can make a decent fist of it and finish around the play offs, and not become the leagues whipping boys. Poole, Belle Vue, Coventry could well be the early pace setters, other than that, it could be the closest play-off chase for years...!! Heres hoping.

NTO

Edited by Never to old

Harder to predict this year as I am not sure how the new format will pan out . Kings Lynn look standout and Poole are putting a decent side together . Belle Vue always don't do as well as there side looks and people are rateing them to highly as they are Forgetting that Scott Nicholls is not the rider he once was .

Wolves look poor but as others have pointed out they did last year .

Nice to see you put up an un-biased post Orion, nice one. Must be Christmas!! :D I like Steve will put up my predictions once all teams are suited..

• Like 1

Perhaps it's too early, with several teams still to be completed.

However I will go for the following;

Poole (By hook or by CROOK)

Kings Lynn

Swindon

Coventry

Eastbourne

Belle Vue

Lakeside

Wolves

Leicester

Birmingham.

Time will tell :wink:

Any suggestions for the last signing?

Birks would be the obvious choice, otherwise you're looking at a 5-point PL DUer.

I fancy a top 4 of

Eastie

Belle Vue

Kings Lynn

Coventry

Poole could go close to making the top 4. Depends if Ward can get over his love sickness without Holder there

That has to be the daftest statement ever............he coped perfectly well without Chris after his injury last year.................if anything he will be better than ever.............

RP

Doesn't look as if Birks will be doubling-up though, as he hasn't got a PL place. Signing for BV would rule him out of the PL though, which he might not want to do.

I think 2014 will be a East Anglian wipe-out Whitewash , With the Stars winning the Elite League, Panthers winning the Premier, and the Young Stars the National League. We can all dream......... :cheers: ..

Happy Christmas to one and all :t: