British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

North didn't want to ride at the beginning of the season when asked and still didn't want to ride when asked again a few weeks ago.

I heard that some riders were getting paid straight from the gate receipts but not entirely sure it's correct to be honest.

Edited by Noodles

proctor would be a great signing for panters. but he is injured.. you can have ricky wells though. if riders are getting paid cash from the gate money .it means thhe bank has stopped the account (on hold) that means that panters are in deep trouble. hope its just gossip from the gossip mongers,

Not been on this forum for several months and have just dipped into the topic but...any news on who Panthers are going to sign in place of Fisher and now Blackbird? All seems very quiet on the western front... :neutral:

Unfortunately the new Pboro promotion got things wrong from the start when they chose tuesday nights :neutral: and crowds have been poor, lets hope next season we can move back to fridays

Didn't some riders get paid with gate money last time Mr Horton was in charge, wasn't the new co promoter brought in to steady the finances or is this just another rumour with no truth in it

hes not very good though.

Must agree.. 10+1 v Lakeside, 9 v Poole, 6 v Belle Vue, 9 v Leicester, 7+1 v Poole and 7 v Kings Lynn from his last 6 meetings is dreadful ... :rofl:

Dakota is willing to ride in the PL, but only for the right deal.

But what about the no more Australians doubling up thing that's in place now after the whole Ty Proctor Somerset/Wolverhampton/Sheffield business? Wasn't that why the Rory Schlein move was blocked? Or is that all a load of rubbish?

Unfortunately the new Pboro promotion got things wrong from the start when they chose tuesday nights :neutral: and crowds have been poor, lets hope next season we can move back to fridays

I think the race night they're not looking at is Sunday... Having the meeting on a Sunday afternoon would suit me personally down to a T!

Edited by em1500uk

Must agree.. 10+1 v Lakeside, 9 v Poole, 6 v Belle Vue, 9 v Leicester, 7+1 v Poole and 7 v Kings Lynn from his last 6 meetings is dreadful ... :rofl:

we only going on 6 meetings then??...ah I see :)

Race night moving from Tuesday to Sunday as this will definitely improve crowds etc

Will it be regular or scattered. If it's fragmented then Sundays will not make much difference apart from occasionally potentially providing a shot in the arm if it's the right team visiting.

we only going on 6 meetings then??...ah I see :)

My dinner turned up at 6, and the dog was looking a bit keen .... ;)

• Like 1

So how are Fridays going to happen? If Frost couldn't get regular Fridays with his clout then Horton isn't going to get them is he?