British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

My dinner turned up at 6, and the dog was looking a bit keen .... ;)

Ha, maybe I'm biased after he shafted us ( allegedly) :)

So how are Fridays going to happen? If Frost couldn't get regular Fridays with his clout then Horton isn't going to get them is he?

the reason peterborough couldn't run regular friday meetings is because we were in the elite league, which clashed with grand prix weekends.this meant either our team or away teams were missing grand prix riders it's not a case of having regular fridays available

• Like 1

Race night moving from Tuesday to Sunday as this will definitely improve crowds etc

New promoter should steady the ship also

With the injury problems we currently have unless they get the make-up of the team right (and I do not include R/R in that statement) it will make little difference what day of the week they race on.

• Like 3

Despite the injuries; we are still in a pretty good position with the play-off's still firmly in our grasp and a league cup final.

The luck we've had can make a good team turn bad.

Edited by Morrissey Fan

Despite the injuries; we are still in a pretty good position with the play-off's still firmly in our grasp and a league cup final.

The luck we've had can make a good team turn bad.

Which will mean nothing if decent replacements are'nt found :cry:

proctor would be a great signing for panters. but he is injured.. you can have ricky wells though. if riders are getting paid cash from the gate money .it means thhe bank has stopped the account (on hold) that means that panters are in deep trouble. hope its just gossip from the gossip mongers,

Are they in such deep trouble because they are out of breath? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

• Like 3

the reason peterborough couldn't run regular friday meetings is because we were in the elite league, which clashed with grand prix weekends.this meant either our team or away teams were missing grand prix riders it's not a case of having regular fridays available

gpwm

Any news on the 2 new riders?

Yes, no, well sort of. We have an update which has no news. After weeks of silence apparently it is now important to update us on the no news.

Didn't realise that it was that simple! PL and regular Fridays in 2015 it is then, end of problem. Having said that, why did they choose Tuesday in 2014 saying that that was the only day offered by the EoES which allowed consistency of fixtures.

With the injury problems we currently have unless they get the make-up of the team right (and I do not include R/R in that statement) it will make little difference what day of the week they race on.

Very true

Which will mean nothing if decent replacements are'nt found :cry:

Again very true

The reason we couldn't run regular Friday meetings was the Showground, if they hadn't stopped us I doubt we would have changed race night GP's or not.

The reason we couldn't run regular Friday meetings was the Showground, if they hadn't stopped us I doubt we would have changed race night GP's or not.

What he said, BPWM :D

But based on Friday's not being a problem, I'll take EL Fridays 2015, or whaterever comes out of the 2014 AGM positive message going forward!

Edited by Crump99

One good signing they could make would be Batters as commercial manager,I am sure any commercial agreements in place now were started when he was in charge, get him back they might even break even,which might solve all he other problems.