British Speedway Forum
spin king

So Where Now Nick Morris

He mite give uk a miss??? Didn't he struggle last time he just rode EL. I don't know if he rides abroad .

The new rule about Swindon having first dibs in fixture clashes ain't going to help him either.

Interesting. I have always thought that the track that owns a rider should always have first claim when there is a fixtures clash. Is this now the case then CR or does it only apply to this case?

Remember seeing SCB posting somewhere, that if a rider isn't owned by the club, then he rides for the club he has rode more times for.... so in this case, Swindon.

Could be why Morris would be want to leave Swindon, be a level playing field that way.

Morris rides for Swindon on a Thursday night and so is unlikely to sign for Sheffield (unfotunately)

Correct but the original post to which i was referring was about Sheffield changing to wed night thus being able to sign Nick Morris.

How about Morris signing for Scunthorpe, thus allowing Sheffield to sign Ashley Birks?

I know who I'd rather see blasting round Owlerton....

Either would do for me.

But

Ashley Birks would offer us more chance to put together a more balanced team.

So ideally I would hope for Rob Godfrey plumping for young Nick, and Ashley coming to Sheffield.

EDIT

Just look at the points left to Scunny they cannot fit Nick Morris into their team.

Edited by spin king

Either would do for me.

But

Ashley Birks would offer us more chance to put together a more balanced team.

So ideally I would hope for Rob Godfrey plumping for young Nick, and Ashley coming to Sheffield.

EDIT

Just look at the points left to Scunny they cannot fit Nick Morris into their team.

Exactly. There is a 1.5 points difference between Nick & Ash so other people would, also, have to make way.

IMO when the season gets under way and riders on inflated averages get a true average and the promoters see that they are not as good as they thought there will be a lot of movement of riders and I believe that Nick will find a team place then, I live in hope & probably die in despair

• Like 1

I for one would be delighted to have Nick back at Glasgow. He is a real winner, trier,team player etc. But unfortunately I don't think it will happen.Good luck Nick.

• Like 4

Remember seeing SCB posting somewhere, that if a rider isn't owned by the club, then he rides for the club he has rode more times for.... so in this case, Swindon.

Could be why Morris would be want to leave Swindon, be a level playing field that way.

SCB subsequently corrected that post as it was incorrect.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

'Liking' your own posts is not cool, Neil Watson!! :wink:

Methinks he probably pressed the 'Like' button in error. It can be done.

Methinks he probably pressed the 'Like' button in error. It can be done.

aye if you have no hand/eye co-ordination.
  • Like 1

aye if you have no hand/eye co-ordination.

I had to 'unlike' one of my Posts when noticed that I had hit the 'Like' button instead of the 'Quote' button. It is easily done.

If you don't notice - well you can see the result.

• Like 1

I had to 'unlike' one of my Posts when noticed that I had hit the 'Like' button instead of the 'Quote' button. It is easily done.

If you don't notice - well you can see the result.

aye they look the same :)..... I use my phone so haven't that problem...