British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

2014 Teams

Which teams look good so far and which don't?

Berwick-Good solid team with plenty of strength in depth but the lack of a big hitter at number 1 might prove costly in the league. I predict a middle of the league finish but with a push for the play-off's.

Edinburgh-I must admit I'd be pretty disappointed with the team if I was an Edinburgh fan with no real third heat leader and a couple of unproven riders. I predict a middle of the league finish from the Monarchs.

Glasgow- So far so good for the Glasgow team but I can make my judgement yet as they are incomplete.

Ipswich-Pretty solid team with good reserves and a big number 1, with most of the team being last years there wont be much difference in the pits either. I predict a solid play-off finish from the witches next season

Newcastle-A good amount of strength in depth and some experience. I think the lack of a big number one doesn't matter as the whole team will chip in for some points. I predict a decent campaign from the Diamonds with a Play-off place, but of course I will ;).

Peterborough-So far so good for the Peterborough team but I can make my judgement yet as they are incomplete.

Plymouth-So far so good for the Plymouth team but I can make my judgement yet as they are incomplete.

Redcar-A pretty good team from the Bears with good heat leaders and decent reserves but I don't think Wilkinson is a main body rider any more :sad: . I predict a Redcar to be in the battle for a play off place next season and I think they will probably get one.

Rye House-Spent too many points on a number one which has left the rest of the team too vulnerable. I predict a bottom half finish for this Rockets team.

Scunthorpe-So far so good for the Scunthorpe team but I can make my judgement yet as they are incomplete.

Sheffield-So far so good for the Sheffield team but I can make my judgement yet as they are incomplete.

Somerset-Too top heavy for my liking and they're even weaker since Morris was unfortunately let go. I predict a middle of the table finish for Somerset which is surprising looking at their 2013 success. :sad:

Workington-A great looking team with strength in depth as well as four riders in the main body all worth of being solid heat leaders. I predict a solid Play off place for Workington in 2014.

You've posted so many teams its impossible to go through them all.

With over a third of the teams incomplete how can any predictions/judegements be made?

• Like 2

With over a third of the teams incomplete how can any predictions/judegements be made?

I've only done the completed teams

I've only done the completed teams

True, but how can you accurately forecast how a team will do unless you know what the opposition is?

• Like 2

True, but how can you accurately forecast how a team will do unless you know what the opposition is?

I'm kinda basing it on what the uncompleted teams have already got and how many more points they have to complete their teams, You understand, not very well explained